Bên cạnh hướng dẫn kĩ PHÂN TÍCH ĐỀ THI 30/5/2020 IELTS WRITING TASK 2 (kèm bài sửa HS đạt 6.5) như thế nào cho đúng, IELTS TUTOR hôm nay xin tổng hợp thêm từ vựng về TOPIC NOISE, đây là topic thường gặp trong IELTS WRITING cũng như SPEAKING nhân bạn học sinh lớp IELTS ONLINE của IELTS TUTOR thiếu từ vựng về topic này nhé
I. TỪ VỰNG TOPIC "NOISE"
1. Từ vựng liên quan topic noise
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- chirp (v): hót —> birds chirping : tiếng chim hót
- irritating (adj): phiền phức
- interfere (v): chen vào.
- Can’t bear Ving (expression): Có thể chịu đựng điều gì đó
- Face up to (phrasal verb): Đối mặt với (một tình huống khó chịu) >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Nhớ phân biệt FACE, BE FACED WITH VÀ FACE UP TO nhé
- Productivity (n): Năng suất
- To lull SO to sleep (v): Đi vào giấc ngủ nhẹ nhàng —> Cái này là động từ của từ lullaby là bài hát ru
- To be stressed out (adj): Trạng thái căng thẳng tinh thần >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Từ vựng topic "stress" IELTS
- Tolerate (v) to accept or endure: Chấp nhận chịu đựng, nhẫn nhịn
- To do (serious) harm to (v): Gây hại, tổn hại sức khỏe >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn CÁCH DÙNG "HARM / HARMFUL" TIẾNG ANH
- ear-drum: màng nhĩ
Noise comes in all shapes, sizes, and sounds: tiếng ồn đến từ nhiều nguồn khác nhau.
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Noise comes in all shapes, sizes, and sounds. It’s part of our everyday lives.
Sth is exactly what it says on the tin: đúng như tên gọi của nó
machinery that keeps running without interruption: tiếng máy móc chạy mà không bị dừng
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Continuous noise is exactly what it says on the tin. It’s noise that is produced continuously, for example, by machinerythatkeeps running without interruption.
factory equipment, engine noise, or heating and ventilation systems: tiếng máy móc trong nhà máy, tiếng ồn động cơ, hệ thống sưởi và thông gió
doing some home renovation or repair: sửa chữa nhà cửa
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Another type of noise is most commonly associated with the construction and demolition industry. They are usually created by construction equipment, such as ournext-door neighbor doing some home renovation or repair on a Sunday morning. >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng danh từ "equipment"tiếng anh
shouting out of excitement: hét lên vì vui sướng
relieve their work-related anxieties and stress: giảm căng thẳng lo âu vì công việc
destressing: hết căng thẳng
puts them in a positive mood: làm họ thấy tích cực hơn
- lovely sound : âm thanh đáng yêu, dễ chịu
- horrible screeching sounds : âm thanh khó chịu, chói tai
- deafening sound/noise : âm thanh chói tai
- constant / incessant noise : tiếng ồn liên miên, kéo dài
motorbikes passing by: tiếng xe chạy đi chạy lại
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: This could come from factory equipment, engine noise, or heating and ventilation systems. Other noises caused by traffic, for example, cars, trains or motorbikespassing by, or aircraft flying above ourhouse.
the construction and demolition industry: xây dựng và phá dỡ nhà cửa
- music blaring : tiếng nhạc ầm ĩ
- dogs barking : tiếng chó sủa
- waves crashing : tiếng sóng vỗ
- absolutely / completely / perfectly silent : cực kỳ yên tĩnh >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng liên từ (conjunction) "for" tiếng anh
- breaks / shatters the silence : phá tan bầu không khí tĩnh lặng
- oddly / strangely / uncharacteristically quiet : im lặng một cách kỳ lạ
- Excessive noise: tiếng ồn quá nhiều
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: People who make excessive noise after 10pm are very antisocial. —> An excessive amount of noise: lượng tiếng ồn quá nhiều ex: I can’t stand an excessive amount of noise in Ta Hien Street.
- A loud explosion: một tiếng nổ lớn
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Yes, I was woken by what sounded like a loud explosion.
- Booming (a) /ˈbuː.mɪŋ/: making a deep and loud hollow sound - tiếng oang oang, đùng đùng
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Ta Hien street is booming with noise from the excessive amount of pedestrians.
- a awkward / uncomfortable silence : sự im lặng một cách khó chịu
2. Các thể loại tiếng ồn
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- Traffic noise (horn and engine): tiếng còi xe và động cơ
- Construction-site noise >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Học thêm về từ ghép mà IELTS TUTOR đã hướng dẫn
- Neighbourhood noise (quarrel / bark (chó sủa) / laughing / renovation (cải tạo)
- Snoring: tiếng ngáy
- Airport noise
- Teeth grinding: tiếng nghiến răng
- Sleep talking: nói mớ
- Broadcasting noise: tiếng phát thanh
II. TỪ VỰNG TOPIC "NOISE POLLUTION"
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
Deafness (n): bệnh điếc
Impaired (v-3): bị suy giảm >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng động từ "impair" tiếng anh
Prolonged exposures to (n – phrase): sự tiếp xúc lâu dài với
Cochlea (n): ốc tai
Lose one’s temper (phrase): mất bình tĩnh, tức giận
Interfere (v): can thiệp, làm gián đoạn
Manifestation (n): biểu hiện
Labor efficiency (n-n): sự hiệu quả lao động
Vibration (n): sự rung, rung động.
Induce (v): gây ra, tạo ra >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng động từ "cause" tiếng anh
Boom (n): sự bùng nổ
Renovate (v): tái tạo, cải tạo
Attendant (adj): kèm theo, đi theo
Noise generation (n-n): sự tạo ra tiếng ồn
Density (n): mật độ
Siren (n): còi báo động
Horn (n): kèn xe, còi xe
Signal (v): ra tín hiệu cho sự di chuyển phương tiện
Velocity (n): vận tốc
Auditory (adj): liên quan đến thính giác
Sonic boom (n-n): sự bùng nổ âm, thường đến từ các phương tiện di chuyển ở tốc độ cao ở trên không.
Legislative (adj): về mặt pháp lý
Menace (n): mối đe doạ
Fine (n): phạt >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng "Particularly" tiếng anh
Suspension (n): sự đình chỉ
Buffer (n): vật đệm, làm giảm tác động
Reflection (n): sự phản xạ
Deflection (n): sự chuyển hướng
Absorption (n): sự hấp thụ
Scatter (v): làm lan toả, khuếch tán nhỏ ra
Shurb: (n): bụi cây
III. IDEAS TOPIC "NOISE"
1. Giới thiệu chung
- It is not easy to find a place in Ha Noi that is completely quiet
- When I stay at home, I can hear the construction noise like the hammer banging, the drilling sounds
- It’s very uncomfortable. Especially in your neighborhood, if they have some sorts of pets, you can actually hear the dogs yapping, cats meowing.
- When you go out on to the road and people peeping horns really loudly even though there’s nothing ahead of them
- Actually, noise can cause a lot of problems. First, to human health, it can directly damage your ear, specifically your ear drum. Moreover, I think noise can interfere into your concentration and so your productivity. Moreover, in terms of mental health it can cause a lot of problems. >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng danh từ "damage" tiếng anh
- I really enjoy the raining sound no matter how heavy the rain is, but obviously only when I can stay in door, I don’t have to go anywhere or don’t have to run out for errands and missions (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: run errands: làm việc này việc kia)
- I really can’t bear noisy people, noisy places or even noisy things. For me, noise is the number-one distractor when it comes to studying or working. You know, they actually just interrupt my flow of thoughts.
- Well, I have to say that I face up to a rich variety of noises on a daily basis. The first type of noise is from traffic, especially during the rush hours. The second is noise from factories, construction sites which never fail to distract me from working, thereby reducing my productivity. >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn CÁCH DÙNG TỪ "THEREBY" TRONG TIẾNG ANH
- I think there is one sound that can always lull me to sleep, the rain sound. There are nights I was so stressed out that I can hardly sleep no matter how much I tried, and then I went online searching for some sound for deep sleep or relaxation, and rain sound is always one of the top choices.
- From a number of sources. It can come from the crazy drivers down there on the streets. It can come from a building being built. It can come from a music festivals or a DJ party where the crowd totally go wild. It can even come from a crying baby or a fight nextdoor.
- I do think the level of noise is increasing overtime mainly due to human activities. The situation gets even worse if you live in a big modern city at a young age. Your auditory must be trained so hard to tolerate such noise everyday.
- Most cities in our country are suffering serious noise pollution due to rapidly increasing population and a massive amount of daily transportation. The consistently intense presence of noise does serious harm to the public health.
- It is noise that damages the balance of normal life for people and animals.
- Most noise pollution is caused by transportation. Cars, trucks, trains, and airplanes can all be very loud. In many cities around the world, people's homes are very close to these transportation systems. Even things like building tools and music can be noise pollution.
- Noise pollution is particularly a problem in developing countries. Growing cities and towns are not planned to reduce noise. Many homes and businesses are built next to busy roads. Traffic grows and with it the noise grows. >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng động từ "decrease" tiếng anh
- George Prochnik wrote a book about silence and noise in our world and culture. He said that noise can do more than just take our attention. Noise may harm our health. He says that noise can greatly affect our bodies. Most people know that loud noise can damage our ears. Noise can damage more than our ears. When a person experiences high levels of noise, his heart beats faster. His blood pressure gets higher. Noise can even change the balance of chemicals in a person's body.
- But noise does not just affect humans. Birds sing songs to communicate. But if it is too noisy, the birds cannot communicate. Cows feed less and produce less milk when it is noisy. Some studies even show that the growth of some plants can be affected by noise. >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Phân biệt "Affect,Effect & influence" tiếng anh
- Noise can also affect the way a person sleeps at night. A good night of sleep happens when a person is asleep for a long period of time. This is often called "deep sleep." When there is too much noise at night, a person cannot get this deep sleep. Studies show that lack of sleep is connected to many different health problems. If a person is always tired, her body is not as strong. She is not able to fight sickness easily. She may also have a difficult time concentrating on work during the day.
- For many people, the problem of noise is not about health. It is about peace. In many religions, quiet is connected to peace. People use times of quiet to communicate with God. They pray or read holy books. Noise can keep us from thinking about God. It may even be difficult to pray if too much noise surrounds us.
- Escaping from the noise of life can give us energy. It can make a person calm. It can help bring balance to the body >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng động từ "escape" tiếng anh
1.1. Contruction activites
- In urban areas where there is over-population, either due to mechanical or natural population increase, there is a constant demand for building new constructions and facilities, or renovating old ones. This calls for frequent construction activities, and thus the attendant noise generation. >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng "thus" tiếng anh
- Construction activities like the construction of bridges, dams, buildings, stations, roads, flyovers entail the use of construction equipment that generates noise, like jackhammers, sledgehammers, cement cutters an drills.
1.2. Noise from transportation
- The high density of vehicles on roads, including scooters, motorbikes, cars and trucks, produce heavy noise due the to engine noise, sirens as well as vehicle brakes. Congested roads contribute greatly to urban noise pollution, as vehicles’ horns tend to be honked frequently, either for signalling or as a conveyance of drivers’ anger and disappointment.
- On open roads where there are loose regulations on speeding, vehicles travelling at a high velocity generate high levels of noise. >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng từ "generate" tiếng anh
- In Vietnam, the number of poor-quality vehicles circulating on the street has created considerable noise pollution, causing people to suffer heavily when in traffic
1.3. Noise from industrial buildings
- Active industrial buildings produce extremely loud noises that annoy the neighborhoods living nearby. This noise can be caused by the operation of machines or the operation of construction works. This source of noise can be said to be extremely abundant and continuous.
- For example, various tools and machines like compressors, generators, exhaust fans, grinding mills participate in producing noise. >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng động từ "participate" tiếng anh
2.1. Auditory effects
- Deafness or impaired hearing will often result from residing an environment with ccontinual loud sounds. Prolonged exposures to noise lead to gradual deterioration of internal ear and subsequently hearing loss or deafness. It may occur due to continuous exposure to noise level of more than 90 dB. This condition may be temporary or permanent. >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng động từ "suppose" tiếng anh
- Explosions or other high intensity sounds can also cause immediate deafness by rupturing the ear drums or damaging the cochlea.
2.2. Emotional and psychological disturbances
- In a noisy environment, residents get more easily annoyed and become more prone to losing their temper. This can interfere with proper rest and sleep, which can disrupt people’s daily routine and affect their well-being.
- People find it harder to focus on work or study when there is too much noise nearby. For children, noise pollution distracts them, affecting the effectiveness of word learning in the first years of life. >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng động từ "find" tiếng anh
- These impacts contribute to negative mental, physical and behavioral manifestations, affecting labor efficiency, especially for urban residents
2.4. Physical damage to surrounding facilities.
- Vibrations induced by some sound waves can cause structural damage to buildings. The noise booms cause cracks in walls of buildings. Sonic boom from aircrafts taking off can break window panes and buildings >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng động từ "cause" tiếng anh
- Keep your mobile telephone at a low volume.
- Train your pet dogs to not bark without reason. >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng động từ "train" tiếng anh
- If you want to share your music with people who live near you, do not do it by playing music louder. Play music at a level that only you can hear, or only indoors.
- Instead of driving a car or riding a motor bike, ride a bicycle instead. This will reduce noise on the roads. And finally, if you have children, take them to quiet areas and let them listen. Teach them to value quiet in their lives.
III. Một vài ideas & từ vựng topic Noise IELTS SPEAKING PART 2
Describe a kind of noise
You should say:
- Where the noise comes from
- How you feel about the noise
- How you deal with it
- And explain why you want to talk about it