I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Từ vựng & Ideas topic"homework"
1. Ideas topic"homework"
1.1. BENEFITS OF HOMEWORK
1.1.1. Giới thiệu chung
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
Homework helps teachers determine how well the lessons are being understood by their students.
Homework teaches students how to problem solve. >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Từ vựng topic "teacher" IELTS
Homework gives student another opportunity to review class material and parents can see what is being learned in school.
Homework teaches students the importance of planning, time management, staying organized, and taking action. >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn cách paraphrase từ "important" (diễn đạt "quan trọng"tiếng anh)
Homework teaches students how to set priorities.
Homework teaches students that they may have to do things—even if they don’t want to.
1.1.2. Các ý khác
- It encourages the discipline of practice.
- Repeating the same problems over and over can be boring and difficult, but it also reinforces the practice of discipline. To get better at a skill, repetition is often necessary. You get better with each repetition. By having homework completed every night, especially with a difficult subject, the concepts become easier to understand. That gives the student an advantage later on in life when seeking a vocational career. >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng BENEFIT (động từ, danh từ) & BENEFICIAL
- It teaches time management skills.
- Homework goes beyond completing a task. It forces children (and parents, to some extent) to develop time management skills. Schedules must be organized to ensure that all tasks can be completed during the day. This creates independent thinking and develops problem-solving skills. (IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn CÁCH PARAPHRASE TỪ "ADVISE" TIẾNG ANH) It encourages research skills. It also puts parents and children into a position where positive decision-making skills must be developed.
- Homework creates a communication network.
- Teachers rarely see into the family lives of their students. Parents rarely see the classroom lives of their children. Homework is a bridge that opens lines of communication between the school, the teacher, and the parent. This allows everyone to get to know one another better. It helps teachers understand the needs of their students better. >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Phân biệt ONE/ OTHERS / THE OTHER / ANOTHER
1.2. DRAWBACKS OF HOMEWORK
Children benefit from playing.
Being in a classroom can be a good thing, but so can being on a playground. With too much homework, a child doesn’t have enough time to play and that can impact their learning and social development. Low levels of play are associated with lower academic achievement levels, lower safety awareness, less character development, and lower overall health. >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng động từ "associate" tiếng anh
- School is already a full-time job for kids.
- An elementary school day might start at 9:00am and end at 3:20pm. That’s more than 6 hours of work that kids as young as 5 are putting into their education every day. Add in the extra-curricular activities that schools encourage, such as sports, musicals, and after-school programming and a student can easily reach 8 hours of education in the average day. Then add homework on top of that? It is asking a lot for any child, but especially young children, to complete extra homework. >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng từ "average" tiếng anh
- There is no evidence that homework creates improvements.
- Survey after survey has found that the only thing that homework does is create a negative attitude toward schooling and education in general. Homework is not associated with a higher level of academic achievement on a national scale. It may help some students who struggle with certain subjects, if they have access to a knowledgeable tutor or parent, but on a community level, there is no evidence that shows improvements are gained. >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng danh từ "society" tiếng anh
2. Từ vựng topic"homework"
- Play a key/important/major role in sth/doing sth: đóng vai trò quan trọng trong
- give/set (sb) homework : cho (ai đó) bài tập về nhà
- education (noncount) : sự giáo dục/việc giáo dục (nếu chỉ xét ở trường = schooling)
- educational league table (count) bảng xếp hạng giáo dục
- outperform (v) đạt được kết quả tốt hơn
- brain development (non): sự phát triển não bộ >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng danh từ "stimulation" tiếng anh
- play time (non) thời gian vui chơi
- study time (non) thời gian học tập
- independent learning/study (non) sự học tập độc lập
- problem-solving skills: kỹ năng giải quyết vấn đề.
- Study habit (count) thói quen học tập
- opinions differ as to whether or not
- the setting of homework
- a necessary aspect of >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng tính từ "essential inessential / nonessential
- an unnecessary burden on
- there is evidence to support the idea that
- improve educational outcomes
- regularly top international educational league tables
- countries where..... outperform nations where.....
- setting homework is the norm
- is just as beneficial as
- from the perspective of
- brain development
- has an important role to play in >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng danh từ "role" tiếng anh
- the schooling of children
- encourages independent learning and problem solving
- are challenged to work through tasks
- at their own pace
- In doing so, .....
- apply the knowledge
- consolidate their understanding
- concepts taught by their teacher
- develop an independent study habit
- certainly has its drawbacks
- the benefits outweigh them in the long term