I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Từ vựng topic"Natural Resources"
- The shortage of resources (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Sự thiếu hụt các nguồn tài nguyên)
- The resources come to the verge of depletion (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Các nguồn tài nguyên có nguy cơ cạn kiệt)
- To face the scarcity of fuels and materials (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Đối mặt với tình trạng khan hiếm nhiên liệu và nguyên liệu)
- To exploit natural resources (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Khai thác nguồn tài nguyên thiên nhiên)
- To utilize new sources of energy (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Tận dụng các nguồn năng lượng mới)
- To damage natural habitat (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Ảnh hưởng môi trường tự nhiên)
- The growing consumption of natural resources(IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Sự gia tăng của việc tiêu thụ các nguồn tài nguyên thiên nhiên)
- The over exploitation of the world’s resources (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Việc khai thác quá mức nguồn tài nguyên của thế giới)
- The overconsumption of natural resources (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Tiêu thụ quá mức nguồn tài nguyên thiên nhiên)
- The increasingly high level of natural resources exploitation (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Sự gia tăng càng cao của việc khai thác tài nguyên thiên nhiên) >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Word form của "exploit"
- The natural resources will be dwindling shortly in near future (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Nguồn tài nguyên thiên nhiên sẽ bị cạn kiệt trong tương lai gần)
- An increase in the world’s demand for natural resources (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Sự gia tăng trong nhu cầu đối với các nguồn tài nguyên thiên nhiên)
- To dwindle = To run out (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Cạn kiệt)
- The conservation and recovery of natural resources (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Việc bảo tồn và khôi phục các nguồn tài nguyên thiên nhiên)
III. Bài tập
1. _____ is a branch of Natural Science, and is the study of living organisms and how they interact with their environment.
A. Biology B. Biologist C. Biological D. Biologically
2. An endangered species is a population of an organism which is at risk of becoming _____ .
A. extinction B. extinct C. extinctive D. extensively.
3. Choose a word with a similar meaning to the underlined word in the following sentence.
It is found that endangered species are often concentrated in poor and densely populated areas such as Asia and Africa.
A. threatened B. reduced C. dangerous D. disappeared
4. Choose a word with a similar meaning to the underlined word in the following sentences.
Life on Earth is disappearing fast and will continue to do so unless urgent action is taken.
A. vanishing B. damaging C. polluting D. destroying
5. Energy _____ should be promoted; otherwise we will run out of natural resources.
A. survival B. reserve C. conservation D. supply
6. Hunting for meat and burning forests for soil cause destruction to wildlife.
A. organization B. contamination C. protection D. damage
7. Measures have been taken to deal with _____ issues.
A. environment B. environmental C. environmentally D. environmentalist
8. The act of cutting down or burning the trees in an area is called _____.
A. deforest B. deforestation C. forest D. forestry
9. The _____ of natural resources is the use of natural resources for economic growth.
A. exploitation B. exploit C. exploitative D. exploiter
10. _____ wastes from factories are pollutants that cause serious damage to species habitats.
A. Chemists B. Chemistry C. Chemical D. Chemist’s
11. Many species of animals are in _____ of extinction.
A. danger B. dangerous C. endanger D. endangered
12. Our health is being threatened by air _____ .
A. pollute B. pollution C. pollutant D. polluted
13. _____ is the existence of a large number of different kinds of animals and plants which make a balanced environment.
A. Biodiversity B. Biology C. Nature D. Creature
14. The panda’s natural _____ is the bamboo forest.
A. inhabit B. habitat C. inhabitant D. living
15. The primary causes of species extinction are habitat _____ , commercial exploitation and pollution.
A. destroy B. destructive C. destruction D. destroyer
16. Pesticides can _____ rivers and land.
A. contaminate B. contaminated C. contaminant D. contaminator
17. Increased water temperatures have driven many species to the _____ of extinction.
A. verge B. edge C. bank D. side
18. This species has nearly died out because its habitat is being destroyed.
A. appeared B. disappeared C. existed D. destroyed
19. Laws have been introduced to prohibit the killing of endangered animals.
A. advised B. decreased C. ban D. encouraged
20. We are having less fresh air/ water by adding _____ to it.
A. polluted B. pollutions C. polluters D. pollutants
21. That part of the city is a _____ of run-down houses and derelict factories.
A. wilderness B. wildlife C. wild D. wildness
22. It is estimated that by 2040, the world's _____ consumption will have increased by almost 50%.
A. energy B. energetic C. reenergize D. energetically
23. Scientists may have more _____ to the mars to find life.
A. expedition B. travel C. voyage D. excursion
24. We were proud to be the world’s first school to be _____ energy from wind.
A. powered C. supplied C. given D. provided
25. A _____ is a large area of land that has very little water and very few plants growing on it.
A. pond B. soil C. desert D. sea