Bên cạnh hướng dẫn cách phân tích đề thi IELTS WRITING TASK 2, đề thi thật ngày 4/8/2020 General Training, cùng bài sửa của giáo viên IELTS TUTOR cho bạn học sinh lớp IELTS ONLINE 1 KÈM 1 của IELTS TUTOR đi thi thật ngày đó nhé, IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Từ vựng topic "FESTIVAL""CELEBRATION"TIẾNG ANH
I. Kiến thức liên quan
1. Từ vựng các lễ hội truyền thống
2. Từ vựng về topic Dance
3. Từ vựng về topic Gift
II. Từ vựng về topic Festival
1. Ideas topic Festival
- festive occasions: các dịp lễ hội
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Beside Tet holiday which I’m quite sure that every of you is familiar with, Christmas is also one of my all-time favorite festive occasions.
- attach any religious importance to: theo tín ngưỡng, tôn giáo
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Although it’s not a traditional holiday in Vietnam and non-Christian like us would not attach any religious importance to it, I still feel the joyful atmosphere prevailing everywhere from cafes to stores and shopping malls whenever Christmas comes.
- Pay tribute to somebody
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- An annual ceremony is held to pay tribute to the death of the national hero during the fight against foreign invaders
- The memorial pays tribute to Vietnamese died during the war. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Lễ tưởng niệm tưởng nhớ những người Việt Nam đã hy sinh trong chiến tranh.)
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- To join in the festivities
- Vietnamese festivals combine ancient religious rituals, lively performances of music, dances, and colorful images from mythology>> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng danh từ "lineage" tiếng anh
- traditional celebration: lễ kỷ niệm truyền thống
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Christmas is not our traditional celebration in our country, and it’s mostly celebrated in Western countries.
- permeated: thấm nhuần
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: However, since Western cultures permeated Vietnam, it has generally been favored and welcomed by many Vietnamese people especially in large cities, so Christmas now is a special occasion when streets are illuminated with brightly-colored fairy lights and it’s easy to catch sight of giant Christmas trees beautifully decorated with vibrant ornaments placed in front of shopping malls.
- illuminated: được chiếu sáng
- vibrant ornaments: đồ trang trí sặc sỡ
- festive spirit: tinh thần lễ hội
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Many people would like to dress up like Santa Claus to bring the festive spirit to people by handing out presents to children and people crossing by.
- take leisurely strolls: đi dạo thanh thản
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Many people like us would just prefer to take leisurely strolls on walking streets with our families and friends and also take photos together to capture cheerful moments.
- capture cheerful moments: ghi lại những khoảnh khắc vui vẻ
- To put something on display
- Holding traditional festivals is a way of expressing and preserving our culture>> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng tính từ"long-ago"tiếng anh
- Be aesthetically decorated
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Emma has a famous interior designer working for her so it’s not a surprise when her house is aesthetically decorated. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Emma có một nhà thiết kế nội thất nổi tiếng làm việc cho mình nên không ngạc nhiên khi ngôi nhà của cô ấy được trang trí rất đẹp mắt.)
- The dragon dance is a form of traditional dance, which is most often seen in festive celebrations
- A long-standing tradition Making sticky rice cakes during the Tet holiday is a long-standing tradition of Vietnamese people. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Làm bánh chưng trong ngày Tết là phong tục lâu đời của người Việt Nam.)
- In a festive mood Only the kids seem to be in a festive mood during the Covid-19 pandemic. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Chỉ có những đứa trẻ là trong tâm trạng vui tươi trong mùa lễ hội vào mùa đại dịch Covid-19.)
- In high spirits All the children were in high spirits on the first day of school. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Tất cả đứa trẻ đều rất phấn khởi trong ngày đầu đến trường.)
- commemorate: kỷ niệm
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: There is no denying that they form an indispensable part in our culture and history, whether to commemorate our ancestors or warriors who made sacrifices for the freedom of our country or just simply celebrate specific times of the year.
- family gatherings: họp mặt gia đình
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: It’s also the perfect time for family gatherings after months of being occupied with our work and study.
- getaway: nơi nghỉ ngơi
- blow off some steam: xả hơi
- recharge the battery: lấy lại năng lượng
- hustle and bustle: hối hả, nhộn nhịp
- Have a feast
2. Từ vựng topic Festival
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- Religiou: tôn giáo
- Religious: (thuộc) tôn giáo; (thuộc) tín ngưỡng; (thuộc) sự tu hành
- Pagan: người ngoại đạo>> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Sửa bài IELTS SPEAKING PART 1-2-3 topic Work/Study(Sửa & Làm lại 4 lần - HS đạt 7.5)
- Christian: người theo đạo Thiên chúa
- Muslim: người theo đạo Hồi
- Reunion: tụ họp
- Ritual: lễ nghi
- Festivity: lễ hội
- Ceremony: lễ
- Folklore (= myth): văn học dân gian, thần thoại
- Customary = traditional: theo phong tục truyền thống
- Long-established =time-honored:lâu đời
- Pay respects to: tôn trọng
- Pay tribute to: vinh danh
- VERB + FESTIVAL have, hold | attend, go to, visit | organize | celebrate, observe| appear at, take part in
- FESTIVAL + VERB take place | begin, open, start | attract sb
- PREP. at/on a/the + FESTIVAL
- Spring festival: hội xuân
- Family reunion: đoàn tụ gia đình
- Five-fruit tray: mâm ngũ quả
- Dragon dancers: múa lân
- Worship the ancestors: thờ cúng tổ tiên
- Lucky money: tiền lì xì
- Red envelope: phong bao lì xì
Vietnamese Traditional Festival (các ngày lễ cổ truyền Việt Nam)
- Tet holiday (Vietnamese New Year): Tết Nguyên Đán
- Hung Kings Commemorations – 10/03: Giỗ Tổ Hùng Vương>> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng từ "torture" tiếng anh
- Hung Kings’ Temple Festival: Lễ hội đền Hùng
- Latern Festival – 15/1: Tết Nguyên tiêu- Rằm tháng Giêng
- Mid-Autumn Festival – 15/8: Tết trung thu
Popular Worldwide Holiday (các ngày lễ trên thế giới)
- New Year’s Day: Ngày đầu năm mới
- New Year’s Eve: đêm giao thừa
- Easter: Lễ Phục Sinh
- May Day: Ngày quốc tế Lao động
- Christmas: Lễ giáng sinh
- Boxing Day: Ngày lễ tặng quà
- Thanksgiving: Lễ Tạ Ơn
- Halloween: Lễ hội hóa trang Halloween
Festive food Vietnamese love
- Sticky cake: gạo nếp
- Jellied meat: thịt đông
- Pig trotters: chân giò
- Dried bamboo shoots: măng khô
- Lean pork paste: giò lụa
- Pickled opinion: dưa hành>> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn PHÂN TÍCH ĐỀ THI 30/5/2020 IELTS WRITING TASK 2 (kèm bài sửa HS đạt 6.5)
- Pickle small leeks: củ kiệu
- Roasted watermelon seeds: hạt dưa
- Dried candied fruits: mứt
- Fatty pork: mỡ lợn
III. Bài đọc topic "FESTIVAL""CELEBRATION"TIẾNG ANH
1. Bài 1
Practice 1. Read the text and choose True or False for each statement. (Đọc văn bản và chọn Đúng hay Sai cho mỗi câu.)
Thanksgiving Day is a national holiday that Americans celebrate on the fourth Thursday in November. This autumn festival is traditionally celebrated with family and friends over a big meal that takes hours to prepare. The meal usually includes turkey served along with dishes like cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes, green beans and pumpkin pie.
The turkey is usually seasoned and roasted in an oven, but some people fry the bird in oil or cook it on a grill. The National Turkey Federation estimates that Americans ate 46 million of the birds during last year’s holiday. About two-thirds of the turkeys raised in America came from six states: Minnesota, North Carolina, Arkansas, Missouri, Virginia and Indiana. Turkey is eaten all year, not just during the holidays. Americans have been consuming an increasing amount of turkey although chicken, beef and pork are still more popular. >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn PARAPHRASE "FAMOUS" TIẾNG ANH
One industry official says 2012 will not be as profitable for turkey farmers as past years have been. Feed costs are up while turkey prices are about the same. The Pilgrims’ feast in 1621 is often considered the nation’s first Thanksgiving. The Pilgrims were early settlers of Plymouth Colony in what is now Massachusetts. They held a three-day feast to celebrate a good harvest. During the Civil War, President Abraham Lincoln declared the last Thursday of November a national day of thanksgiving. As the Great Depression was ending, President Franklin Roosevelt established the holiday on the month’s fourth Thursday. He did not want to shorten the Christmas holiday shopping season in years when November has a fifth Thursday as it did this year.
|1. Thanksgiving Day is celebrated on the fourth Thursday in November.||True||False|
|2. Turkey is eaten only on Thanksgiving Day.||True||False|
|3. Americans consume 40 million turkeys during Thanksgiving Day.||True||False|
|4. The first Thanksgiving was in 1621.||True||False|
|5. Thanksgiving Day was declared to be a national day by President Abraham Lincoln in the Civil War.||True||False|
2. Bài 2
Practice 2. Read the passage and answer the following questions. (Đọc đoạn văn và trả lời câu hỏi.)
Tet is one of the most important festivals in my country. It is a big holiday that celebrates the arrival of spring in Vietnam every year. Tet usually lasts about 7 days. There are a lot of traditional customs on Tet holiday. For example, they often visit their relatives, friends and go to the temples. Before Tet holiday begins, people will decorate their house carefully to have a wonderful time with their family. Moreover, special Tet foods such as Chưng cake, steamed sticky rice and boiled chicken can play an important role in Tet meals. Moreover, Tet is the time when all members of the family can gather to chat and share everything happening in the last year. Therefore, Tet is an important part of Vietnamese culture. >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Paraphrase"RELAX"tiếng anh
(Nguồn: Sưu tầm)
- How long does Tet last?
- What activities people often do on Tet holiday?
- What are special foods on Tet holiday?
- Why is Tet important in Vietnam?
- Tet often lasts about 7 days.
- People often visit their relatives, friends and go to the temples.
- Special foods on Tet holiday are Chưng cake, steamed sticky rice and boiled chicken.
- Because Tet is the time when all members of the family can gather to chat and share everything happening in the last year.