Bên cạnh Sửa bài IELTS SPEAKING PART 1-2-3 topic Work/Study(Sửa & Làm lại 4 lần - HS đạt 7.5), IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng động từ"lose"tiếng anh
I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng động từ"lose"
1."lose"vừa là nội động từ vừa là ngoại động từ
2. Cách dùng
2.1. Mang nghĩa"mất, không còn nữa"
=If someone loses a quality, characteristic, attitude, or belief, they no longer have it/If you lose time, something slows you down so that you do not make as much progress as you hoped.
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- He lost all sense of reason.
- The government had lost all credibility.
- He had lost his desire to live.
- They claim that police lost valuable time in the early part of the investigation.
- Six hours were lost in all.
2.2. Mang nghĩa"không tìm thấy được; mất; thất lạc"
=If you lose something, you do not know where it is, for example because you have forgotten where you put it/You say that you lose something when you no longer have it because it has been taken away from you or destroyed.
- I lost my keys.
- I had to go back for my checkup; they'd lost my X-rays.
- I lost my job when the company moved to another state.
- He lost his licence for six months.
- She was terrified they'd lose their home.
2.3. Mang nghĩa"thua, bại"
=If you lose a contest, a fight, or an argument, you do not succeed because someone does better than you and defeats you/If something loses you a contest or loses you something that you had, it causes you to fail or to no longer have what you had.
- My own stupidity lost me the match.
- His economic mismanagement has lost him the support of the general public.
- They lost the Italian Cup Final.
- The government lost the argument over the pace of reform.
- The Vietnam conflict ultimately was lost.
- No one likes to be on the losing side.
2.4. Mang nghĩa"xuống kí, ốm"
=If you lose weight, you become less heavy, and usually look thinner.
- I have lost a lot of weight.
- Martha was able to lose 25 pounds.
2.5. Mang nghĩa"mất người thân, chết"
=If someone loses their life, they die/If you lose a close relative or friend, they die.
- ...the ferry disaster in 1987, in which 192 people lost their lives.
- Hundreds of lives were lost in fighting.
- To lose one's life in the resistance (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: hy sinh trong kháng chiến)
- My Grandma lost her brother in the war.
2.6. Mang nghĩa"bỏ lỡ, bỏ uổng, bỏ qua (cơ hội)"
=If you lose an opportunity, you do not take advantage of it.
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- If you don't do it soon you're going to lose the opportunity.
- To lose an opportunity (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: lỡ cơ hội)
- They did not lose the opportunity to say what they thought of events.
- ...a lost opportunity.
2.7. Mang nghĩa"không nhìn, nghe, nhớ được...."
=to no longer have the natural ability to see, hear, remember etc
- He lost his sight in an accident.
- He’d lost his memory as a result of a stroke.
- If you lose an ability, you stop having that ability because of something such as an accident. They lost their ability to hear. [VERB noun] He had lost the use of his legs.
2.8. Mang nghĩa"mất bộ phận cơ thể"
=If you lose a part of your body, it is cut off in an operation or in an accident.
- He lost a foot when he was struck by a train.
2.9. Mang nghĩa"hết đam mê, niềm tin...."
=to stop having a positive feeling, quality, or attitude
- Jane started to lose interest in her schoolwork.
- Many people have lost faith in the police force.
- We’ve lost all hope of finding him alive.
2.10. Mang nghĩa"lỗ, mất tiền"
=If a business loses money, it earns less money than it spends, and is therefore in debt.
- His shops stand to lose millions of pounds.
- $1 billion a year may be lost.
2.11. Mang nghĩa"xuống nhiệt"
=If someone or something loses heat, their temperature becomes lower.
- Babies lose heat much faster than adults.
- A lot of body heat is lost through the scalp.
2.12. Mang nghĩa"mê man, say sưa, chìm đắm"
=If you lose blood or fluid from your body, it leaves your body so that you have less of it/If you lose yourself in something or if you are lost in it, you give a lot of attention to it and do not think about anything else.
- The victim suffered a dreadful injury and lost a lot of blood.
- During fever a large quantity of fluid is lost in perspiration.
- To be lost in meditation (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: trầm ngâm, chìm đắm trong suy nghĩ)
- Michael held on to her arm, losing himself in the music.
- He was lost in the contemplation of the landscape.
2.13. Mang nghĩa"làm hại, làm mất, làm hư, thiệt hại"
=If things are lost, they are destroyed in a disaster.
- ...the famous Nanjing pottery that was lost in a shipwreck off the coast of China.
- The ship was lost with all hands on board (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: con tàu bị đắm với tất cả thuỷ thủ ở trên boong)
Các khóa học IELTS online 1 kèm 1 - 100% cam kết đạt target 6.0 - 7.0 - 8.0 - Đảm bảo đầu ra - Thi không đạt, học lại FREE
>> IELTS Intensive Writing - Sửa bài chi tiết
>> Thành tích học sinh IELTS TUTOR với hàng ngàn feedback được cập nhật hàng ngày