I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng động từ"lose"
1."lose"vừa là nội động từ vừa là ngoại động từ
2. Cách dùng
2.1. Mang nghĩa"mất, không còn nữa"
=If someone loses a quality, characteristic, attitude, or belief, they no longer have it/If you lose time, something slows you down so that you do not make as much progress as you hoped.
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- He lost all sense of reason.
- The government had lost all credibility.
- He had lost his desire to live.
- They claim that police lost valuable time in the early part of the investigation.
- Six hours were lost in all.
2.2. Mang nghĩa"không tìm thấy được; mất; thất lạc"
=If you lose something, you do not know where it is, for example because you have forgotten where you put it/You say that you lose something when you no longer have it because it has been taken away from you or destroyed.
- I lost my keys.
- I had to go back for my checkup; they'd lost my X-rays.
- I lost my job when the company moved to another state.
- He lost his licence for six months.
- She was terrified they'd lose their home.
2.3. Mang nghĩa"thua, bại"
=If you lose a contest, a fight, or an argument, you do not succeed because someone does better than you and defeats you/If something loses you a contest or loses you something that you had, it causes you to fail or to no longer have what you had.
- My own stupidity lost me the match.
- His economic mismanagement has lost him the support of the general public.
- They lost the Italian Cup Final.
- The government lost the argument over the pace of reform.
- The Vietnam conflict ultimately was lost.
- No one likes to be on the losing side.
2.4. Mang nghĩa"xuống kí, ốm"
=If you lose weight, you become less heavy, and usually look thinner.
- I have lost a lot of weight.
- Martha was able to lose 25 pounds.
2.5. Mang nghĩa"mất người thân, chết"
=If someone loses their life, they die/If you lose a close relative or friend, they die.
- ...the ferry disaster in 1987, in which 192 people lost their lives.
- Hundreds of lives were lost in fighting.
- To lose one's life in the resistance (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: hy sinh trong kháng chiến)
- My Grandma lost her brother in the war.
2.6. Mang nghĩa"bỏ lỡ, bỏ uổng, bỏ qua (cơ hội)"
=If you lose an opportunity, you do not take advantage of it.
2.7. Mang nghĩa"không nhìn, nghe, nhớ được...."
=to no longer have the natural ability to see, hear, remember etc
- He lost his sight in an accident.
- He’d lost his memory as a result of a stroke.
- If you lose an ability, you stop having that ability because of something such as an accident. They lost their ability to hear. [VERB noun] He had lost the use of his legs.
2.8. Mang nghĩa"mất bộ phận cơ thể"
=If you lose a part of your body, it is cut off in an operation or in an accident.
- He lost a foot when he was struck by a train.
2.9. Mang nghĩa"hết đam mê, niềm tin...."
=to stop having a positive feeling, quality, or attitude
- Jane started to lose interest in her schoolwork.
- Many people have lost faith in the police force.
- We’ve lost all hope of finding him alive.
2.10. Mang nghĩa"lỗ, mất tiền"
=If a business loses money, it earns less money than it spends, and is therefore in debt.
- His shops stand to lose millions of pounds.
- $1 billion a year may be lost.
2.11. Mang nghĩa"xuống nhiệt"
=If someone or something loses heat, their temperature becomes lower.
- Babies lose heat much faster than adults.
- A lot of body heat is lost through the scalp.
2.12. Mang nghĩa"mê man, say sưa, chìm đắm"
=If you lose blood or fluid from your body, it leaves your body so that you have less of it/If you lose yourself in something or if you are lost in it, you give a lot of attention to it and do not think about anything else.
- The victim suffered a dreadful injury and lost a lot of blood.
- During fever a large quantity of fluid is lost in perspiration.
- To be lost in meditation (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: trầm ngâm, chìm đắm trong suy nghĩ)
- Michael held on to her arm, losing himself in the music.
- He was lost in the contemplation of the landscape.
2.13. Mang nghĩa"làm hại, làm mất, làm hư, thiệt hại"
=If things are lost, they are destroyed in a disaster.
Các khóa học IELTS online 1 kèm 1 - 100% cam kết đạt target 6.0 - 7.0 - 8.0 - Đảm bảo đầu ra - Thi không đạt, học lại FREE
>> Thành tích học sinh IELTS TUTOR với hàng ngàn feedback được cập nhật hàng ngày