I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Từ vựng & Ideas topic"FISH & FISHING"
1. Từ vựng
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- to go for: chọn cái gì
- to have a perchant for doing smth: có xu hướng, khuynh hướng làm gì
- to wonder for: có ích cho
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Having a pet does wonders for your health as scientifically speaking, it could help diminish blood pressure and the feeling of loneliness.
- Find peace of mind: tìm sự yên bình trong tâm trí, tâm hồn
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Yoga and relaxation techniques help the usually stressed woman find peace of mind
reduce my meat consumption: ăn ít thịt hơn >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng động từ "decrease" tiếng anh
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: I often have fish about twice or three times a week, but I’m trying to eat fish more regularly and reduce my meat consumption during a week because fish is very beneficial for our health.
it’s loaded with essential nutrients: có rất nhiều dinh dưỡng
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Fish is among the healthiest foods on the planet since it’s loaded with essential nutrients, such as protein and vitamin D, which are incredibly important for our body and brain.
pastime activities: hoạt động giải trí
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: �Fishing is one of the most popular pastime activities in Vietnam
where and even on the worst day: thậm chí vào ngày tệ nhất
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Fishing is one of the best ways to get outside, relax, and enjoy a healthier, happier life. I mean, it is a recreation where and even on the worst day, when you catch no fish at all, is better than the time spent at home doing chores or doing nothing
high consumption of red and processed meat: ăn quá nhiều thịt đỏ và đã chế biến >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng động từ "consume" tiếng anh
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: high consumption of red and processed meat can increase the risk of certain cancers as well as cardiovascular diseases.
cardiovascular diseases: bệnh về tim
do wonders for my weight loss goals: rất tuyệt vời cho kế hoạch giảm cân của tôi
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: I love fish since I can eat as many fish, especially sea fish, as I want, knowing that they can do wonders for my weight loss goals.
fishermen: ngư dân
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
For children, they also practice their fishing skills by fishing in small ponds and trying to catch smaller fish.
The fishermen often use big fishing boats to catch fish and other seafood in the sea.
- a meat person (n) người thích ăn thịt
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: I am quite of a meat person. However, I still go for fish in my dinner every now and again
- for all intents and purpose (phrase) gần như (= almost completely)
- I am an amateur fisherman (ngư dân)
- Pass the time = kill the time (giết thời gian)
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- We passed the time in the airport playing cards.
- I go fishing whenever I had time to kill
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- Chill out /tʃɪl/: thư giãn
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: I’m just chilling out in front of the sea.
- to angle: câu cá
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: In the countryside, angling is such a solitary pastime for all sorts of people, especially those who have a penchant for being introverted or the ones enjoying spending time in the great outdoors.
- to boost: thúc đẩy
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: It’s been proven that eating fish could boost brain’s functions.
- nutrient (n) chất dinh dưỡng
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Research has shown that it is incredibly rich in essential nutrients such as vitamins and minerals.
- recreational activities (n) các hoạt động giải trí >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng từ "recreation" tiếng anh
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: In urban areas, however, people tend to enjoy more vibrant recreational activities rather than fishing.
- introverted (adj) hướng nội (>< extroverted: hướng ngoại, ambiverted: vừa hướng nội vừa hướng ngoại)
- to reside in: sinh sống tại
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Given the fact that I reside in the city where ponds and lakes are not ubiquitous compared to the rural areas, I can actually see fish at various aquariums in a lot of large shopping malls.
- pond / lake (n) ao / hồ
- ubiquitous (adj) có mặt ở khắp nơi
- rural area (n) khu đồng quê
- aquarium (n) thủy cung
- terrific (adj) tuyệt vời
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: It’s terrific that I can admire the aquatic world through 4 sides of transparent glass.
- transparent glass (n) kính trong suốt
- to spot: nhận thấy, nhìn thấy
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: I can spot beautiful gold fish in bowl- shaped aquaria aka fish bowls at my friend’s house.
- hectic (adj) bận rộn
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: I would keep some fish as my favorite pets were I to have any chance. Unfortunately, due to my hectic schedule, it is something for all intents and purposes impossible.
- Given the fact that: có một sự thật là
- every now and again: thường xuyên ( = occasionally)
- Disconnect/escape from the boring day-to-day routine: thoát khỏi lịch trình hàng ngày nhàm chán, tẻ nhạt
- Get close to nature: gần gũi với thiên nhiên
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: it’s a great way to get close to nature
- it is a serene and relaxing activity.
- fishing is very rewarding as if you catch a good fish you are able to feed your whole family
- It takes a lot of skill and patience, which makes catching a fish much more satisfying
- Học kĩ phân biệt satisfied và satisfying mà IELTS TUTOR đã hướng dẫn kĩ
- visit seaside villages and towns where we would eat incredibly fresh sea food.
- The most convenient way to see fish is to visit an aquarium, where there are a whole bunch of different exotic fish and even information about all the different fish.
- go to the grocery store
- get some fish cans ==> buy online
- I couldn’t stand (=detest) their smell
- fish make an integral part of a healthy and balanced diet as they are low in fat and contain vital nutrients such as protein and calcium
- it has become almost impossible for me to see fish in their natural habitats such as lakes, rivers or streams >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng tính từ "POSSIBLE" tiếng anh
- While Vietnamese youngsters have never been really into fishing, it appears to be extremely popular among middle-aged men who have sufficient disposable income to spend on costly fishing gear
- there are a growing number of Vietnamese families who prefer spending their weekends in the countryside and going fishing is among their top favourite leisure activities.
- Since they live in water, it must be extremely complicated to take a good care of them.
- I would have to say that I have a special attachment to beaches and oceans as they evoke a sense of wonder and mystery. Growing up in a coastal village, I used to take them for granted.
- For commercial fishermen, It’s their livelihood (cần câu cơm) = their bread and butter = earn a living >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng "even" tiếng anh