Bên cạnh phân tích và sửa chi tiết từng câu từng chữ trong đề thi IELTS SPEAKING ngày 4/8/2020, IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn em thêm cách phân biệt satisfied, satisfaction, satisfactory, satisfy và satisfying trong Tiếng Anh
1. Satisfy (ngoại động từ): làm hài lòng, thoã mãn ai đó, cái gì
- to please someone by giving them what they want or need
- satisfy conditions/needs/requirements
- She satisfies all the requirements for the job.
- They sell 31 flavours of ice cream - enough to satisfy everyone!
2. Satisfied (adj) # satisfying (adj): thoã mãn
- Were you satisfied with your purchases?
- You will get a refund if you are not completely satisfied with your meal.
- If you are still not satisfied, you should contact the manager.
- Were you satisified by the reponse to your enquiry?
- The demonstrators are not satisfied with the government's tax proposals.
- sth be satisfying: cái gì đó làm mình rất thoã mãn
- a satisfying meal
- My work is very satisfying.
3. Satisfaction (danh từ): sự thoã mãn
- job satisfaction
- She smiled with satisfaction.
4. Satisfactory (adj) = good enough = tạm chấp nhận được
unsatisfactory (adj) not good enough to be acceptable: không đạt yêu cầu
- The government believes the economy is growing at a satisfactory rate.
- The product was not of satisfactory quality.
- The parties must discuss the matter until they come to a satisfactory agreement.
- If the results of the tests are satisfactory, the drug should be on the market next year.
- The boat lacked satisfactory navigation equipment.
- Many school buildings are in an unsatisfactory condition.