I. Từ vựng topic "study abroad"
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- living on your own: sống tự lập một mình
- encounter culture shock: gặp phải cú sốc văn hoá
- high living costs: mức sống cao
- feelings of frustration, loneliness and homesickness: cảm giác thất vọng, cô đơn và nhớ nhà >> Cách paraphrase từ "unhappy" tiếng anh
- learn valuable life lessons and practical life skills: học được những bài học giá trị và các kỹ năng sống thực tế
- Recruiters tend to favour candidates graduating from an international university over those who don’t have any international qualification: Nhà tuyển dụng có xu hướng thích những ứng viên học ở nước ngoài hơn là những người không có bằng cấp mang tính quốc tế >> Từ vựng topic "Work" IELTS
- homeland: quê nhà
- offer better facilities and course
- top experts in their fields
- Broadening students’ horizons = expand their knowledge: mở rộng kiến thức
- gain qualifications: đạt được các chứng chỉ >> Từ vựng topic Educational qualifications & Experience
- open the door to better job opportunities: mở cánh cửa tới các cơ hội nghề nghiệp tốt hơn
- aspirational: đáng ngưỡng mộ
- apply for scholarships: nộp hồ sơ xin học bổng
- underprivileged students: sinh viên nghèo, không có điều kiện
- diversity: sự đa dạng
- invest heavily: mạnh tay đầu tư
- exposed to different cultures, customs and points of view: tiếp xúc với các nền văn hoá, phong tục và cách nhìn khác nhau
- gives someone the chance to travel to different places/explore different cultures: cho ai đó cơ hội để đi nhiều nơi khác nhau, khám phá nhiều nền văn hoá khác nhau
- experience a different way of living: trải nghiệm một lối sống mới
II. Ideas topic "study abroad"
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- Many students travel abroad to study at a prestigious university >> Cách dùng "prestigious" tiếng anh
- The best universities employ lecturers who are experts in their fields.
Có thể triển khai như sau: Most first-world countries invest a lot of money in their education system. As a result, studying in a foreign country will allow young people to access better quality of education, including more highly-qualified teachers and better facilities.
- Qualifications gained abroad can open doors to better job opportunities.
- Living in a foreign country can broaden students' horizons.
Có thể triển khai như sau: Studying abroad offers an opportunity for students to get a broader world view since they willbe exposedto a completely new culture and lifestyle. This is because each country has their own unique traditions and social norms, overseas students need to get out of their comfort zone to adapt to this new environment, which will turn them into open-minded people.
- Overseas students are exposed to different cultures and customs.
- They can immerse themselves in a language >> Từ vựng topic "Study" IELTS
To access an advanced education system
Contribution to one’s home country
Có thể triển khai như sau: Studying abroad will give young people the opportunity to acquire specialized knowledge and skills from developed countries, which means that when international students return home, they can use their knowledge and skills to work better. As a result, they will become successful people who can contribute to their country.
More job opportunities
Có thể triển khai như sau: Some employers believe that overseas students have more experience from living in a foreign country, which means they will be better-equipped to deal with different situations. Furthermore, employers also think degrees of schools in developed countries have stricter requirements, so graduates from foreign universities tend to have better academic performance and work ethics.
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- Living away from home can be challenging >> Từ vựng topic CHALLENGE trong IELTS
- Students have problems with paperwork such as visa applications.
- The language barrier can cause difficulties >> Từ vựng topic Language (Ngôn ngữ) IELTS
- Có thể triển khai như sau: There are some overseas education programs that do not require students to be fluent in a foreign language as long as they can pay tuition fees. As a result, many students are unable to overcome the language barrier, so they cannot understand the lecture or communicate with their classmates in the host country. This means that they will not gain anything from the time and money they spend studying abroad.
- Students have to find accommodation and pay bills.
Có thể triển khai như sau: Many young and talented people decide to become permanent residents in the country they study in instead of returning to their home country. This is because a developed country offers better living standards and infrastructures. Consequently, developing nations may face a brain drain crisis when the workforce lack skilled young workers.
- Many students feel homesick and miss their families.
Widen the gap between the rich and the poor >> Từ vựng topic Social issues IELTS
Có thể triển khai như sau: Since the cost of studying abroad without getting a scholarship is too great for most low-income households, only wealthy families could afford to let their children study abroad. Therefore, children from well-off households have a better chance of achieving academic and financial success than their peers. As a result, the rich will get richer, while the poor will not have the same ability to improve their lives.
- Some students experience culture shock.
Có thể triển khai như sau: Many students may encounter culture shock due to the contrast in their host country and their home country. To be specific, the food, conversation styles and traditional values of each nation are different from another, and some students may find it hard to get used to a new diet or lifestyle. As a result, they could feel alienated and suffer from depression or stress.