Bên cạnh HƯỚNG DẪN TỪ A ĐẾN Z CÁCH PHÂN TÍCH TASK 2 ĐỀ THI THẬT NGÀY 13/6/2020 IELTS WRITING VIỆT NAM (kèm bài được sửa của học sinh đạt 6.0 đi thi thật), IELTS TUTOR tổng hợp Từ vựng & ideas topic "Lost & found"tiếng anh
I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Từ vựng topic "lost & found" IELTS
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- To misplace belongings (collocation) vứt đồ lộn xộn
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: I occasionally misplace my belongings
- Search high and low (idiom) tìm mọi chỗ
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: When I have searched high and low for my items that I lost in my house, my mom is always the one to turn to as she has this uncanny superpower to locate missing belongings quickly. In fact, several days ago she helped me find my iPad in several minutes after I had been looking for it in vain.
- Turn to (phrasal verb) tiến đến
- Uncanny superpower (collocation) năng lực siêu phàm
- In vain (idiom) trong vô vọng
- As/so far as I know = used to say what you think is true, although you do not know all the facts
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: He isn't coming today, as far as I know.
- frustrating (adj): khó chịu, bực mình
- invariably (adv): một cách không thay đổi, luôn luôn
- have a lot on my mind: có nhiều thứ phải suy nghĩ
- drop somebody off: đưa ai, cái gì đến một nơi nào đó và để họ lại ở đó>> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Giải thích phrasal verb: drop off
- fly into a panic (/anger/temper): đột nhiên trở nên hoảng hốt (/tức giận/..)
- attempt (n): sự nỗ lực
- smile from ear to ear: cười toe toét đến tận mang tai
- memorable (adj): đáng nhớ
- grateful for sth (ad): biết ơn
- belongings (n): đồ đạc, đồ dùng cá nhân
- Psychology (n) /saɪˈkɒl.ə.dʒi/: the scientific study of the way the human mind works and how it influences behaviour, or the influence of a particular person's character on their behaviour : môn tâm lý học
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: She studied psychology at Harvard.
- Egocentric (a) /ˌiː.ɡəʊˈsen.trɪk/: thinking only about yourself and what is good for you
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Babies are entirely egocentric, concerned only with when they will next be fed.
- Priority (n) /praɪˈɒr.ə.ti/ : something that is very important and must be dealt with before other things: sự ưu tiên
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The management did not seem to consider office safety to be a priority.
- Attention span (n) /əˈten.ʃən ˌspæn/: the length of time that someone can keep their thoughts and interest fixed on something: khả năng tập trung
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Young children have quite short attention spans.
- Spring to mind = to come quickly into your mind: xuất hiện trong tâm trí tôi
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Say the word "Australia" and a vision of beaches and blue seas immediately springs to mind.
- Messy (a) /ˈmes.i/: untidy: bữa bãi
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: a messy kitchen
- Conform (v) /kənˈfɔːm/: to behave according to the usual standards of behaviour that are expected by a group or society: tuân theo
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: At our school, you were required to conform, and there was no place for originality.
- Think outside the box = to think imaginatively using new ideas instead of traditional or expected ideas: suy nghĩ sáng tạo
- Analysis (n) /əˈnæl.ə.sɪs/: the act of analysing something: sự phân tích
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Chemical analysis revealed a high content of copper.
- Come up with sth — /kʌm/: to suggest or think of an idea or plan: nảy ra ý tưởng
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: She’s come up with some amazing scheme to double her income.
- Currency exchange counter (n) quầy đổi tiền
- Absent-minded = forgetful: đãng trí
- Keep an eye on: để mắt tới
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: I am quite absent-minded, and there have been many times I left my belongings, like a key or sunglasses, in public places, and when I realized I lost them, I couldn’t find them even though I left my contact in the nearby lost-and-found. Last year, I lost my phone when going on a trip to Nha Trang. I was just forgetful and left my phone in a coffee shop, and I couldn’t find it. From then on I always keep an eye on my personal stuff when I’m in public places. >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Phân biệt "Loss" "Lose" "Lost" và "Loose" trong tiếng anh
- CCTV team (n) đội camera giám sát
- Go for a dip (expression) đi bơi
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: I had a frightening experience 4 years back in China when I realized I had lost my passport at the currency exchange counter in my hotel. Fortunately, with the help of the CCTV team, I was able to locate it in the corridor of the pool-bar where I had gone for a dip the night before.
- Rightful owner (collocation) chính chủ
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: I have found valuable items on a couple of occasions in the past. Most recently, I have spotted a lost wallet which had hundreds of dollars inside as I was in my university restroom. I then brought it to the faculty office to have it returned. Just a few hours later, the wallet’s rightful owner called and thanked me profusely. He even popped into my class to give me a cup of coffee, as well as a 20 bucks reward.
- To thank sb profusely (collocation) cảm ơn rối rít
- Pop into (phrasal verb) ghé vào >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng danh từ "control" tiếng anh
- lost-and-found: văn phòng “Mất và Tìm thấy”
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: It depends on what item I might find. If it is a phone, I will keep it until the owner makes a phone call. However, if it’s something else like a wallet, money, jewelry, or important paper, I will send it to a lost-and-found nearby or the police station. In general, I will try my best to give it back to the owner because just putting myself in their shoes, I know how disappointing it is when I lose something valuable.
- put somebody in somebody else’s shoes (idiom): đặt mình vào tình huống của người khác
- Google (v) tra google
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: If I were to lose my phone, I could google: “find my phone” which will provide me with its last-known location. In fact, two years ago I did just that and found my phone at a local pub where I met my friends the weekends prior.
- Last-known location (n) địa điểm cuối cùng
- … prior (n) bao lâu trước đây
- Clueless: không biết
- Pay attention to: chú ý
- Trivial: nhỏ nhặt, không đáng kể
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: It really depends on where I lose my stuff. For example, if I’m clueless about where I lose it or I lose it when I’m on a holiday then I will not make a post on social media because I think people in the virtual world just don’t pay too much attention to such trivial things as that. However, if my item is lost in my town or my neighborhood, I will undoubtedly post it on social media, especially in a group that my neighbors are in.
- Tracing: truy tìm
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: It really depends on the circumstance. If I could find any contact number or address on the item, I would manage to return it by myself without reporting it to the police. Otherwise, I will send it to the police officers who are often excellent at tracing and finding lost items like animals or even people. If I do it on my own, it will take a lot of time and effort. >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Idiom bắt đầu bằng từ lose
Các khóa học IELTS online 1 kèm 1 - 100% cam kết đạt target 6.0 - 7.0 - 8.0 - Đảm bảo đầu ra - Thi không đạt, học lại FREE
>> IELTS Intensive Writing - Sửa bài chi tiết