Bên cạnh sửa rất kĩ các lỗi sai của học sinh đi thi IELTS WRITING đạt 7.0 hôm 22/8, IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn thêm cách phân biệt 4 từ mà các em thường hay sai đó là "Loss" "Lose" "Lost" và "Loose" trong tiếng anh
1. Lost là past participle của lose
2. Lost là adj (mang nghĩa là mất dấu - không định hướng được)
- I got lost in the New York subway system.
- You look lost - can I help you?
- Stick to the main roads and you won't get lost.
- When you got lost in the forest you must have been very frightened.
- He gazed pensively at the glass in front of him, lost in thought.
- My letter must have got lost in the post.
- After three days lost in the mountains, all the climbers arrived home safe and sound.
3. Lost là adj (mang nghĩa confused)
- His explanation was so complicated, I got lost after the first example.
- Everyone else thought it was funny, but that joke was lost on me.
- I've lost my ticket.
- He's always losing his car keys.
LOSS là danh từ đếm được hoặc không đếm được
- Many parents feel a sense of loss when their children leave home.
- He suffered a gradual loss of memory.
- There will be substantial job losses if the factory closes down.
- He suffered hearing loss from testing aircraft engines.
- blood/hair/weight loss
1. Loose là adj mang nghĩa lỏng lẻo
- There were some loose wires hanging out of the wall.
- The nails in the wall had worked themselves loose.
- The prisoners were so thin that their skin hung loose.
2. Loose là ngoại động từ # tighten
- The coach loosed an angry tirade against his team.