Bên cạnh hướng dẫn sửa kĩ lưỡng đề thi SPEAKING IELTS ngày 4/8/2020 cho Hs IELTS TUTOR đi thi đạt 6.0, hôm nay IELTS TUTOR tổng hợp Từ vựng topic Film IELTS, cùng bài gợi ý cho topic Describe a film / movie IELTS SPEAKING PART 2, em nhớ đọc kĩ nhé!
1. Từ vựng topic Film / Movie IELTS
1.1. Từ vựng topic Film IELTS SPEAKING PART 1
- Normally, I enjoy watching films at cinemas, for it has a better atmosphere with better sound / visual effects
- When I am available during weekends, I like to see a film with my bestie / girlfriend / boyfriend
- Benefits of films >> IELTS TUTOR lưu ý: đây là các cụm từ rất hay mà IELTS TUTOR lưu ý các bạn học sinh lớp IELTS ONLINE 1 KÈM 1 của IELTS TUTOR phải học kĩ nhé, vì sẽ ứng dụng được rất rất nhiều trong bài IELTS SPEAKING
- Cheer myself up / amuse myself / relax myself / release my pressure (comedy)
- Escape from my daily life and experience something that can hardly happen in real life
- Have a blast and blow my mind (cuốn hút tâm trí)
- Boost my imagination and please my eyes with visual effects
- Maintain my childhood interest
- Provoke thought towards humanity and life
- Broaden my horizon and enrich my knowledge
1.2. Cấu trúc thường dùng trong mô tả film (hữu ích cho Part 2 IELTS SPEAKING)
- It is …. Film starring…. với sự diễn xuất của…
- It is a sci-fi film starring Hugh
- The film was nominated for the Academy Award for…
- The film combines / brings together different elements of…
- The film Titanic brings together different elements of disasters, romance and thriller
- The story is set in… when…: lấy bối cảnh
- The story is set in WWI when the British were fighting against …
- The story / film revolves around… xoay quanh
- The film revolves around the legendary life story of a guy called….
- Actors’ performance is flawless
- Audiences can be easily attracted by the film
- It was particularly emotional when…
- That was really contagious, and I was thrilled to bits
1.3. Từ vựng về film khác
- Storyline / plot
- IELTS TUTOR lưu ý: về cốt truyện thường sẽ xuất hiện ở câu hỏi số 2-3 trong cue card, nên vẫn trả lời ngắn gọn 1-2 câu chứ không nên dài dòng nhé, để đất trả lời cho câu hỏi why cuối cùng
- Special effect: hiệu ứng
- Acting: diễn xuất
- Sound track: nhạc phim
- Leading role: vai chính
- Visual effect / Sound effect: hiệu ứng hình ảnh, âm thanh
- Supporting role: vai phụ
- Stories with hidden moral messages: Kindness, humanity, belief and faith, courage and persistence, compassion, sacrifice, forgiveness and tolerance, simple emotion and care
1.4. Nội dung một vài bộ phim nổi tiếng
Sau đây là nội dung của vài bộ phim mà cấu trúc và từ vựng dùng khá hay, IELTS TUTOR khuyên em nên tham khảo đi tham khảo lại cho nhớ
- Basically, Avatar is an epic science fiction film starring Sam Worthington. It is set in the mid-22nd century, when humans are mining a precious mineral on the planet of Pandora. The story is about….
- Titanic tells the story of a young artist called Jack, who ran into a gorgeous first-class passenger named Rose, who was reluctant to Mary a steel tycoon called Cal. Jack and Rose fell in love after a series of adventures on the ship, and eventually, Jack made a sacrificial effort to save Rose when the Titanic broke apart after hitting an iceberg
- A wizard boy called Harry, along with his friends goes on adventurous journeys to fight evil spirits and protect righteous fellows
- Kung Fu Panda revolves around a clumsy panda named Po, who courageously brings peace to the land by defeating the avenging and invincible snow leopard named Tai Lung
1.5. Từ vựng topic Film IELTS WRITING
- Film is often looked down on as a less important art form in comparison with more elevated mediums like painting and literature.
- films / movies have the same artistic value as literature and painting.
- One cannot gauge the value of films merely from the number of years of history they have; nor can one consider them less valuable just because aesthetic preferences differ.
- Books often tell a story which has been created wholly by the author, meanwhile paintings often reflect the deep feelings or perspectives of the respective artists.
- films are largely based on successful books, or possibly on a true story and therefore while there may be a degree of originality in the way the story is portrayed on the screen
- film, in general, is accessed more often by the public.
- Many more people go to the cinemas or watch movies at home online or on DVD, for example, than visit an art gallery or even read books.
- other forms of art such as literature and painting more prevalent than the movies
- cinema has a wide reach to the audience and helps them to remember things easily
- Học thêm cách paraphrase từ help mà IELTS TUTOR đã hướng dẫn
- films are more important as compared with the other art forms because of maximum people saw it in the cinema hall and television, whereas fewer masses go to the museum to watch paintings and artefacts of history
- art is the best way to convey a message and films play a vital role in spreading it to a larger audience.
- it is the biggest source of not only entertainment but also to spread awareness among them
- by watching movies people can easily understand the writer's viewpoint or a historical event because fewer efforts are required to learn and remember things for a longer period.
- if masses read any book to gain knowledge, they have to work hard, and it consumes more time to read.
- film is probably the art form which is more mainstream and reaches most people, most often.
- film affects global culture more than paintings and literature and therefore overall it can be considered as supremely important in terms of its reach and impact in comparison to painting and literature.
- There are very few people who have not seen a movie in the last month, while the same cannot be said in the case of original paintings or literature.
- the notion that film is not less important and it is noteworthy on account of the tremendous advantages it brings.
- film and other significant art forms should be considered enormously important,
- films have the same artistic value as writings and drawings.
- it is a clearly more important art form for the 21st century
- films are intrinsically linked to literature, and there are many filmy adaptations of classic literature.
- films reach a greater audience than books or other art forms.
- This popularity itself makes them a valuable form of art and a good medium for conveying socio-cultural messages
- it is wrong to measure the historic and aesthetic value of an art form by the number of years it has been in existence.
- It is true that films are a newer form of art and entertainment. However, just like literature and paintings, films also reflect the era in which they are made.
- They also showcase the growth of technology.
- literature, paintings and sculptures have a much longer history than movies.
- They are also deeply rooted in the culture and that makes them priceless representation of various eras.
- literature of each century gives us an accurate description of life in those times.
- Paintings and sculptures have the same value.
- they are a goldmine of information for historians and anthropologists.
- film has clearly overtaken other forms of art in the popular imagination.
- Hundreds of years ago, composers, playwrights, novelists, and painters were held in higher esteem and their works were the centre of popular culture.
- Music and film have now displaced them.
- Tham khảo các cách paraphrase từ replace trong tiếng anh mà IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn
- Someone who would have become a great writer in the 19th century, would now opt to make films as they can reach the greatest number of people and the medium is newer and more open to possibility.
2. Hướng dẫn trả lời IELTS SPEAKING PART 2: Describe a film / movie
DESCRIBE A FILM YOU WATCHED RECENTLY
Các câu hỏi trong cue card của IELTS TUTOR bao gồm:
- What the film is
- When you watched this film
- What happened in the film
- And explain why you found this film interesting
- Intro + câu 1(What the film is): Well, the film that I am going to share with you is called …., which is a sci-fi film starring Hugh Jackman, and it was nomicated for the Academy Award for Best Visual Effects
- Câu 2. (When you watched this film): I remember it was several months ago when I watched it in a cinema with my girlfriend
- Câu 3 (What happened in the film): Basically, this film combines different elements of drama, science fiction, action and even fantasy. The story is set in the near future when the sport of boxing has gone high-tech, and a frustrated father called Charlie eventually won a comeback with his estranged son named Max after beating the most invincible robot with an abandoned robot, Atom
- Câu 4 (Why) : I am greatly attracted by this film for a number of reasons
- Firstly, the film is full of fantasy and imagination
- Personally, I am a big fan of action and sci-fi-films, and this film is really stimulating, and my mind was blown by its strong visual impact
- It is really amazing to watch a bunch of robots fighting against each other
- Secondly, this is a Cinderella story and is really inspirational
- I myself find that quite motivating since I learned from this film that I should never ever give up, no matter how hard the situation is. Just as the film’s slogan says: Spirit is stronger than steel
- Firstly, the film is full of fantasy and imagination
3. Từ vựng & ideas trả lời cho câu hỏi Do you like watching films at home or in the cinema? IELTS SPEAKING PART 3
- Mostly, I have a fancy for watching films at home mainly because it is inexpensive, and besides, I could rewind and pause at any time
- Watching films in the cinema may offer us better atmosphere and better audio-visual effects
- For some recommendable blockbusters, I like to watch them in the cinema
- Các ideas khác mà IELTS TUTOR khuyên nên học kĩ:
- Watching films in the cinema
- The thrill (cảm giác lâng lâng) of watching films on a bigger screen
- The atmosphere is more exciting
- More deeply involved in the film
- The only place to watch a premiere
- Watching films at home
- Cosier / homier / comfier
- Switch it off or switch channels when you feel uninterested
- Share opinions and discuss with friends while watching
- Watching films in the cinema