1. a bookworm (n) mọt sách
- You may say that I’m kind of a bookworm since I spend most of my spare time reading.
- I had to say I was a bookworm, and I purchased books every week to enhance my expertise. >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Từ vựng Topic Book IELTS
2. Avid reader: người say mê đọc sách = book lover (a real book lover)
- An avid reader like me tends to fall in love with any page-turner
- Frankly speaking, a real book lover like me would lean to the choice of reading books.
3. take reading as merely a hobby / take up reading
- I used to take reading as merely a hobby until I grow older >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Từ vựng topic Library (thư viện) IELTS
- I took up reading a long time ago, so I couldn’t even remember the exact time.
4. carry out a huge amount of reading
- I currently have to carry out a huge amount of reading as part of my studying
5. spend more time on academic books, articles or textbooks / make time for my favourite books
- I probably spend more time on academic books, articles or textbooks >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Từ vựng topic "Study" IELTS
- I still try to make time for my favourite books after a hard day’s work to put my feet up
6. Be engrossed in/with books
- At that time, I was really engrossed myself in my books
7. maintain my passion for reading
- Now I’ve moved to other place but still keep the habit of visiting the library on occasions, which I believe would help maintain my passion for reading and exploring.
8. love reading sth that falls under sth
- I love reading anything that falls under literary fiction. By this I mean authors like Virginia Woolf, Jane Austen and Haruki Murakami.
9. ﬂip through the colorful pages
- Just like other kids, comic books were my favorite when I was a little girl. I still remember how excited I was when I ﬂipped through the colorful pages and got lost in the world of my favorite comic characters. >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Từ vựng topic Media IELTS
10. encourage one's reading activities
- It is necessary that parents encourage their children’s reading activities at an early age.
11. develop a habit of reading
- This can help kids develop a habit of reading for pleasure.
12. Các cụm khác
- browse a book
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: I often browse a book before making a purchase.
- scan a book
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: I usually scan a book quickly to see if it's what I need.
- scrutinize a book
- devour a book
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: I can devour a book in one sitting if it's really interesting.
- study a book
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: I need to study a book for my upcoming exam.
- flip through a book
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: I like to flip through a book to get a general idea of its contents.
- examine a book
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: I need to examine this book closely to determine its condition.
- Hit the books: IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ"I need to hit the books more often to improve my reading habit."
- Nose in a book: IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ"When I have my nose in a book, I lose track of time and immerse myself in the story."