Bên cạnh phân tích đề thi thật task 1 viết thư của IELTS GENERAL được sửa rất kĩ bởi giáo viên cho bạn học sinh đã đi thi ngày 05/7/2020 và đạt 6.0 nhé, IELTS TUTOR tổng hợp kĩ Từ vựng topic "advice" IELTS
I. Từ vựng topic liên quan
1. Collocation thường gặp với từ "advice"
2. Từ vựng topic "encourage"
II. Từ vựng & ideas topic "advice" IELTS
1. Từ vựng
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- Offer an opinion: đưa ý kiến về một vấn đề
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: She offered an opinion on how I should have baked the cake.
- Empathetic: thông cảm, thấu hiểu (chỉ tính cách)
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: My mom always gives good advice because she’s a really empathetic and understanding person.
- guide (n): người hướng dẫn/dẫn dắt >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng động từ"guide"tiếng anh
- regardless of + noun: bất kể
- wise (adj): thông thái
- insightful (adj):
- novel (adj): mới mẻ
- IELTS TUTOR lưu ý: đừng nhầm với novel (n): tiểu thuyết
- regarding + noun: liên quan đến >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng giới từ "regarding" tiếng anh
- internet-savvy (adj): sành sỏi và internet
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Regarding career advice, especially social media or being an online influencer, I think it is better to consult the young internet-savvy people.
- rejection (n): sự từ chối
- pride (n): lòng tự kiêu
- by and large (expression): nhìn chung
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Rejection of advice, in my point of view, is caused by pride. By and large, young people are full of pride. We’re passionate and we want to prove our value to the world but we also want to take all the credit.
- Implement the advice: thực hiện một lời khuyên
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: I never implemented my parents’ advice. That was my big mistake.
- Consult someone: Nhờ ai đó tư vấn
- Struggle with: gặp vấn đề với
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: I helped her when she was struggling with Maths.
- Lead someone astray: dẫn ai đi chệch hướng, khiến ai lạc hướng
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- I’m afraid his friends led him astray.
- He has been smoking and skipping classes for months.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- Empiric: người thực tiễn, người sống theo trải nghiệm thực tế thay vì lí thuyết
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Empirics are the best at giving practical advice.
- Unoriented: mang tính không có định hướng
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: I engaged in unoriented study and didn’t understand anything.
- A piece of advice (expression): một lời khuyên.
- IELTS TUTOR lưu ý: Advice không đến được nên phải thêm “a piece of”
- practical (adj): thực tiễn
- to consult (v) + someone: tham vấn ai đó
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: I’m going to talk about a piece of practical advice which I’ve just given my brother recently. Usually, he never consults me about anything. That’s why when he came to me to seek some advice, I was pleasantly surprised. It turned out that he wanted to ask about his higher education.
- to seek advice (expression): hỏi xin lời khuyên >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng cụm "in the case of"tiếng anh
- crucial (adj): cực kì quan trọng. Đồng nghĩa: extremely important.
- in this day and age (expression): trong thời đại này
- have proven to be (expression) + adj: chứng minh rằng
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Many of his future clients would be from overseas countries and English had proven to be the most effective language of communication in international business.
- to sympathize (v) + with : thông cảm với ai đó
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: That person has to understand people and must be able to sympathize with them
- to judge (v): đánh giá
- struggle (n): khó khăn
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: There have been many times that I’ve judged people before fully understanding their struggle.
- sufficient (adj): đầy đủ >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn cách dùng "enough, too, so, so...that, such, such...that
- respective (adj): riêng từng. đừng nhầm lẫn với respectful (adj): liên quan đến sự tôn trọng
- off the top of my mind (expression): theo tôi nghĩ (ý nói: câu trả lời phía sau là ý kiến cá nhân 100% và có những ý chưa được kiểm chứng)
- vastly (adv): rất nhiều (nói về sự khác biệt)
- the virtual world (expression): thế giới ảo
- mainstream (adj): thịnh hành
- passionate (adj): có sự nhiệt huyết
- to take all credit (expression): nhận hết thành quả
- outdated (adj): lỗi thời
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Even though the advice from older people can seem to be outdated, it is a source of wisdom and lessons. We can learn from the errors of the older generation in order to avoid repeating them.
- in order to: để
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- offer their advice >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng động từ "provide" tiếng anh
- I always take my parents’ advice and run with it
- They tend to be a bit narrow-minded and lack self awareness
- Teachers seem to be in a better position to give them career advice.
- While parents spend more time on a personal level with children, they might not stay updated of the future job market and might push their kids into a dead-end job. >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn CÁCH DÙNG "WHILE" TIẾNG ANH
- Teachers tend to be more insightful and alert of social development, so their advice would probably be more relevant.
- It would be risky for parents to advise their kids on job and career stuffs. They might not have sufficient knowledge and experience in a wide range of disciplines or not be fully aware of what’s going to be in high demand.
- They tend to force their own will and preference on their children, which is usually undesirable and counter-productive. >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng động từ"risk"tiếng anh
- Although their body and mind have not fully developed, teenagers always assume they’ve already grown up and try to act as an independent adult.
- They tend to have arguments with their parents more frequently and often ignore their advice. This is just a way to assert themselves.
- People who are driven by a strong desire to help others and are also confident in their ability to do so>>IELTS TUTOR có hướng dẫn cách paraphrase từ "ambitious" cố gắng đọc kĩ
- They would also need to be naturally empathetic and accustomed to working with all kinds of people from different social and cultural backgrounds.
- Young people are able to give great advice, especially in subjects such as technology and social trends>> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng từ "exclusive" tiếng anh
- I do value experience highly, and I am probably more likely to listen to advice of older people who have more practical knowledge.