I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Từ vựng & ideas topic "vegetarianism" (ăn chay)
1. Từ vựng
1.1. Word form "vegetarianism"
- Vegetarianism (n) /ˌvedʒ.ɪˈteə.ri.ə.nɪ.zəm/: the practice of not eating meat, for health or religious reasons, or because you want to avoid being cruel to animals: thuyết ăn chay
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Vegetarianism is becoming more popular among young people.
- Vegetarian (n) /ˌvedʒ.ɪˈteə.ri.ən/: a person who does not eat meat for health or religious reasons or because they want to avoid being cruel to animals: người ăn chay
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Of the four million people who have become vegetarians in this country, nearly two thirds are women.
- Veggie (a) /ˈvedʒ.i/ = slang term for vegetarian: người ăn chay
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Going veggie can be tasty, easy and healthy too.
- Vegan (n) /ˈviː.ɡən/: a person who does not eat or use any animal products, such as meat, fish, eggs, cheese, or leather: người ăn chay thuần
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Vegans get all the protein they need from nuts, seeds, and cereals.
- Veganism (n) /ˈviː.ɡən.ɪ.zəm/: the practice of not eating or using any animal products, such as meat, fish, eggs, cheese, or leather: chủ nghĩa thuần chay
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Strict veganism prohibits the use of all animal products, not just food, and is a lifestyle choice rather than a diet.
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- A vegetarian diet is healthier.
- Eating a hamburger a day can increase your risk of dying by a third >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Phân biệt INCREASE động từ & INCREASE danh từ
- Meat is a rich source of protein which helps to build muscles and bones.
- Vegetarians often have to take supplements to get all the essential vitamins and minerals.
- It may be the case that too much meat is harmful, but we can easily limit the amount we have without having to cut it out of our diet completely.
- Raising animals in factory farm conditions is cruel.
- Meat production causes more emissions than transportation >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng động từ "cause" tiếng anh
- Beef production uses 100 times the amount of water that vegetable production requires.
- A vegetarian diet is cheaper.
- There has been much research to suggest that red meat is particularly bad, for example, and that consumption should be limited to eating it just a few times a week to avoid such things as cancer. >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng "RESEARCH" như Noun & Verb tiếng anh
- Meats can also be high in saturated fats, so they have been linked to health problems such as cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
- Although the overconsumption of meat could possibly be unhealthy, a balanced diet of meat and vegetables should result in a healthy body.