Từ vựng topic Plant IELTS SPEAKING
Từ vựng topic Plant IELTS SPEAKING
Bên cạnh Hướng dẫn đề thi IELTS 21/11/2020 bài WRITING TASK 2 về Relocating Business to Regional Areas (kèm bài sửa của học sinh đi thi), IELTS TUTOR tổng hợp và hướng dẫn Từ vựng topic Plant IELTS SPEAKING PART 1
1. Từ vựng topic Environment
2. Từ vựng topic Flower
3. Từ vựng & ideas topic Plant
3.1. Từ vựng topic Plant
1. Have A Green Thumb: Có Khiếu Làm Vườn/ Có Khiếu Trồng Cây
- I don’t have a green thumb; I have no flipping clue about how to make a plant thrive healthily and quickly. I prefer some low-maintenance indoor plants, such as the bamboo, which can survive with minimal care.
2. Medical Properties (N): Tính Năng/ Tác Dụng Chữa Bệnh
- Aloe vera is known to have valuable medical properties. Its extract is found in many products, including drinks, skin lotions, skin moisturizers, or ointments for minor burns and sunburns.
3. Indoor Air Purifier (N): Máy Lọc Không Khí Trong Nhà
- The bamboo palm, known as an effective indoor air purifier, can get rid of a wide variety of pollutants such as formaldehyde, xylene, and toluene from certain kitchen appliances and furniture.
4. Give Off Oxygen: Sản Xuất/ Toả Ra/ Thải Ra Khí Oxi
- Many evergreen plants are really easy to care for, even for those that don’t have a green thumb. They can give off oxygen and beautify your living space.
5. Ease Sb Into Sleep: Giúp Dễ Đi Vào Giấc Ngủ
- Some indoor plants can even purify the air and produce aromatic compounds that can promote relaxation and ease you into sleep.
6. Fragrance (N): Hương Thơm
- There are thousands of plants with fragrance you could grow in your garden or balcony. However, it would be best if you were careful because they can attract butterflies and bees.
7. Edible (Adj): Có Thể Ăn Được
- Rosemary is a kind of edible plant which I regularly use to add color to my cuisine.
8. Petal (n) /ˈpet.əl/: any of the usually brightly coloured parts that together form most of a flower: cánh hoa
- Example: rose petals
9. Leaf (n) /liːf/: one of the flat, usually green parts of a plant that are joined at one end to the stem or branch: lá cây
- Example: a palm leaf
10. Pollen (n) /ˈpɒl.ən/: a powder, produced by the male part of a flower, that causes the female part of the same type of flower to produce seeds. It is carried by insects or the wind: phấn hoa
11. Thorn (n) /θɔːn/: a small, sharp pointed growth on the stem of a plant: gai
12. Seed (n) /siːd/: a small, round or oval object produced by a plant and from which, when it is planted, a new plant can grow: hạt giống
- Example: Sow the seeds (= put them in the ground) about three centimetres deep.
13. Sprout (n) /spraʊt/: a part of a plant that is just beginning to grow: mầm
14. Root (n) /ruːt/: the part of a plant that grows down into the earth to get water and food and holds the plant firm in the ground: rễ
15. Trunk (n) /trʌŋk/: the thick main stem of a tree, from which its branches grow: thân cây
3.2. Ideas topic Plant
- I’ve never planted a tree myself.
- I’ve seen and helped people plant trees.
- My uncle planted a tree on his balcony in a large pot, and I helped pack the soil around the roots of the tree and water it.
- I have small house plants that come into flower about once or twice a year.
- I live quite near to a flower market, so I enjoy occasionally going to buy a nice pot plant for my kitchen window or balcony.
- In school we used to plant seeds and water them and watch them grow
- planting the seeds, watching them sprout, and nurturing them by watering them and putting them in the sunshine.
- I don’t know that much about plants, and I’m not that interested either.
- this topic’s kinda putting me in the spot = làm đứng hình
- IELTS TUTOR lưu ý: trong trường hợp gặp topic khó chưa gặp bao giờ nên tham khảo thêm cách câu giờ trong IELTS SPEAKING mà IELTS TUTOR đã hướng dẫn
- milk blossom: hoa sữa = Indian Devil Tree
- tall, evergreen: cao và xanh quanh năm.
- provide shade for commuters and pedestrians
- air purifier
- notorious for…: Loài cây này được biết đến bởi hương thơm của nó (scent/aroma).
- milky/creamy: Đúng như tên gọi (As the name speaks for itself),
- to be obsessed with…/to be madly in love with…
- pungent: hương quá nồng
- symbol: (associated with love and romance)
- plants can actually enhance the quality of our surroundings in many aspects
- reduce the pollution levels
- I was brought up in a neighborhood where there was a plethora of flora and fauna.
- I was most fascinated by bamboo, a kind of evergreen flowering plants, which can provide a cool patch of shade
- Học thêm các cách diễn đạt rất thích cái gì đó mà IELTS TUTOR đã hướng dẫn
- I used to play hide and seek in the bamboos to stay away from the scorching heat in the summer.
- I think giving plants as a birthday present is ubiquitous in Vietnam.
- one of the extraordinary benefits of plant is that they can actually reduce the level of indoor toxicity by destroying a part of pollutants, like smoke or dust.
- taking care of plants can boost our mood when we are too stressed out after long working or studying hour.
- Indoor gardening
- Artificial plants: cây giả
- I do not have the habit of keeping plants in my house simply because I do not have time and energy to do it
- For decorative purposes
- A plant requires daily watering and sufficient sunlight. Without either of which, the plant will probably die in a short amount of time
- Is associated with fengshui (phong thuỷ)
- Học thêm các cách paraphrase associated with mà IELTS TUTOR đã hướng dẫn
- You have to get the suitable plant for the owner, or else bad omens (điềm xui) might follow him
- Herb: thảo mộc
- A flower pot: chậu hoa
- A arduous clim / task / journey
- A laborious task: công việc nặng nhọc
- Sweltering (adj)
- In the summer, its sweltering in the smaller classrooms
3.3. Ideas topic Plant IELTS SPEAKING part 2
- Well I’d love to talk about rice, the most important agricultural plant in my country.
- the rice plant has appeared in almost every subject, from literature to natural science to geography.
- the rice plant can be spotted all across the countryside around Vietnam.
- the rice plant has played a really important role in Vietnamese culture and many traditions a
- the rice plant has become one of the greatest symbols for the Vietnamese spirit and deserves large appreciation from all generations.
- It never ceases to amaze me how such a simple plant could support a whole nation’s economy.
- Up to this day, millions of Vietnamese families are still dependent on the cultivation of rice to make ends meet.
- Vietnam has become one of the world’s leading rice exporters
- rice has been an indispensable part of the main meal of most families for centuries, and children practice the habit of eating rice from a very young age