HƯỚNG DẪN TỪ A ĐẾN Z CÁCH DIỄN ĐẠT "RẤT GIỎI LÀM VIỆC GÌ ĐÓ" (good at sth) TRONG IELTS SPEAKING
Trong trường hợp các em target band cao 7.0+ mà dùng nhiều các từ như good at, excellent at thì sẽ không được đánh giá cao nên các em, nhất là các bạn lớp IELTS ONLINE 1 kèm 1 - Đảm bảo đầu ra của IELTS TUTOR cố gắng trau dồi thêm các kiến thức về Paraphrase trong IELTS, cũng như cách viết câu ghép luôn nhé!
Thông thường các tính từ mang nghĩa "giỏi" thường đi với giới từ at nhé
1. Exceptional = Excellent = outstanding
• an exceptional student
• a class for exceptional children
• He showed exceptional talent even as a youngster.
a skilled job
be skilled at sth
- Skilled craftsmen, such as carpenters, are in great demand.
- She’s very skilled at dealing with the public.
a capable worker
she is capable and efficient
capable of doing sth
- a strong capable woman
- All the staff at the nursing home seemed very capable.
4. Having the ability to do sth
A qualified architect
Be qualified for this job
Be qualified to do sth
Ex: The guides are qualified to lead groups into the mountains.
- Be accomplished in
- A very accomplished pianist
Ex: a talented actor
a polished performance
a polished and confident man
10. Facility (noun) for sth
She has an amazing facility for languages.
Lack any qualifications
Ex: 40 percent of the prisoners lack any qualifications.
You don't need to have any qualifications for this job.
Ex: She has an impressive command of the English language.
14. Proficiency --> Proficient
Ex: Martha’s proficient in Swedish.
EX: his deft chairmanship of the company
EX: She was an extremely gifted poet.
Gifted with a superb voice, she became the Opera’s leading soprano
a gardening/medical expert
My mother is an expert at dress-making (= she does it very well).
an ingenious idea/method/solution
Johnny is so ingenious - he can make the most remarkable sculptures from the most ordinary materials.
- a knack for remembering faces
- She has the knack of making people feel comfortable.
- There's a knack to using this corkscrew.
- My son has no/little aptitude for sport.
- We will take your personal aptitudes and abilities into account.
EX: He has a flair for languages.
She has a faculty for inspiring confidence in people.
Studying has certainly sharpened my critical faculties (= taught me to think carefully about things using my judgment).
a competent secretary/rider/cook
I wouldn't say he was brilliant but he is competent at his job.
25. Pick up: tiến bộ, gia tăng
- The truck picked up speed slowly.
- The wind always picks up in the evening.
- The number of applicants will pick up during the autumn.
- His spirits picked up when he got the good news.
- Her career only began to pick up when she was in her forties.