Bên cạnh Sửa bài IELTS SPEAKING PART 1-2-3 topic Work/Study(Sửa & Làm lại 4 lần - HS đạt 7.5) & hướng dẫn rất cụ thể cách sử dụng các liên từ FANBOYS, IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn CÁCH PHÂN BIỆT"EXCEPT FOR / EXCEPT THAT"TIẾNG ANH
I. CÁCH DÙNG TỪ"EXCEPT"
1. Giới thiệu chung
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
2. Cách dùng
2.1. Mang nghĩa"ngoại trừ"
=used for introducing the only person, thing, or fact that is not included in your main statement
- All the team were there except Eddie Stratton, who was ill.
- The shop is open every day 9.00 to 5.00, except on Sundays.
- Not a sound was heard except the wind howling.
- The restaurant is open every day except Monday (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: nhà hàng ngày nào cũng mở cửa trừ thứ Hai)
- Everyone except me got an invitation (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: trừ tôi ra, ai cũng nhận được giấy mời)
- She was dressed all in black except for a white lace collar.
- Airline officials had nothing to tell us except that the flight had been delayed.
- I hardly ever get a chance to study, except when the children have gone to bed.
- He’s done nothing all day except sit around and watch television.
II. PHÂN BIỆT"EXCEPT FOR / EXCEPT THAT"
1. EXCEPT + noun = EXCEPT FOR + noun
- The museum is open daily except Monday(s).
- The government has few options except to keep interest rates high.
- It's cool and quiet everywhere except in the kitchen.
- Everyone was there except for Sally.
- There is nothing to indicate the building's past, except (for) the fireplace.
- She won't eat anything except chicken nuggets and chips.
- The proposed change in the law would make abortion illegal except for strictly defined medical reasons.
- She rarely ventured outside, except when she went to stock up on groceries at the corner shop.
- The soldiers slept at night, except for one who stayed awake to keep watch.
2. EXCEPT THAT + MỆNH ĐỀ (THEO SAU LÀ S+V)
- The twins look exactly alike except (that) one is slightly taller.
- I want to go, except that I'm tired.
- The exam went pretty well, except that I misread the final question.