I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng
Mang nghĩa "đã được nói rõ; đã định sẵn; nhất định"
=already decided, arranged, or agreed:
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- About 250 students are working with us at any given time.
- In a given situation, more than one of these methods may be used.
- A given period has previously been decided on
- Many people pay off the money owed within a given time.
- all the people in a given area (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: tất cả những người trong một khu vực nhất định)
- At any given time (= at any particular time), the jury may reach a verdict, so we’d better stay nearby (at a given time and place (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: vào lúc và nơi đã định sẵn))
- They were to meet at a given time and place.
- They didn't meet me at the given time.
- At the given signal, the group rushed forward to the barrier.
- The bomb could go off at any given (= any) time and in any given (= any) place.
- We can find out how much money is spent on food in any given period.
- Set size the width of the type body of a given point size.
- These were to identify, but not describe or interpret, the stylistic devices present in a given text.
- The wrapping machine was pre-set to wrap a given number of biscuits.
- Candidates will have to give a presentation on a given topic.
- a game in which, at a given signal, everyone has to stand still