I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng động từ "understand" tiếng anh
1."understand"vừa là nội động từ vừa là ngoại động từ
2. Cách dùng
2.1. Mang nghĩa"hiểu, nắm được ý (của một người)"
=If you understand someone or understand what they are saying, you know what they mean/To understand someone means to know how they feel and why they behave in the way that they do.
- I think you heard and also understand me.
- Rusty nodded as though she understood the old woman.
- I don't understand what you are talking about.
- He was speaking poor English, trying to make himself understood.
- It would be nice to have someone who really understood me, a friend.
- Trish had not exactly understood his feelings.
- She understands why I get tired and grumpy.
- I quite understand you needing some time alone.
- Nobody understands me.
- They understand what I have been through
- I quite understand that you need some time alone.
2.2. Mang nghĩa"hiểu (ngôn ngữ)"
=If you understand a language, you know what someone is saying when they are speaking that language.
- I couldn't read or understand a word of Yiddish, so I asked him to translate
- Can you understand French?
- I don't understand what he's saying.
2.3. Mang nghĩa"nhận thức được, biết qua thông tin nhận được"
=You say that you understand something when you know why or how it happens.
- They are too young to understand what is going on.
- He understand how hard things have been for you (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: nó hiểu tình hình đã gay go đối với anh như thế nào)
- She didn't understand why the TV was kept out of reach of the patients.
- It is worth making the effort to understand how investment trusts work.
- He was the first to understand that we live in a knowledge economy.
- The national housing market is better understood as a collection of small, local housing markets.
- I just can't understand him taking the money.
- Doctors still don't understand much about the disease.
- I could never understand why she was fired.
- It is easy to understand how he made this mistake.
2.4. Mang nghĩa"tin tưởng là, được hiểu là"
=If you understand that something is the case, you think it is true because you have heard or read that it is. You can say that something is understood to be the case to mean that people generally think it is true.
- We understand that she's in the studio recording her second album.
- I understand you've heard about David.
- The idea, as I understand it, is to make science more relevant.
- The management is understood to be very unwilling to agree to this request.
- It is understood that the veteran reporter had a heart attack.
- I understand (that) you wish to see the manager.
- The Prime Minister is understood to have been extremely angry about the report.
- It is understood that the band are working on their next album.
2.5. Mang nghĩa"coi (cái gì) là dĩ nhiên"
=to agree something with somebody without it needing to be said
- I thought it was understood that my expenses would be paid.
Các khóa học IELTS online 1 kèm 1 - 100% cam kết đạt target 6.0 - 7.0 - 8.0 - Đảm bảo đầu ra - Thi không đạt, học lại FREE
>> Thành tích học sinh IELTS TUTOR với hàng ngàn feedback được cập nhật hàng ngày