I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng động từ"show"
1."show"vừa là nội động từ vừa là ngoại động từ
2. Cách dùng
2.1. Mang nghĩa"chỉ ra rằng"
=to prove that something exists or is true/to give information that you can see on a printed thing such as a map or photograph/to give information that you can see on a piece of equipment that measures something
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- Với nghĩa này, show là ngoại động từ
- show (that)
- show what/where/why etc
- be shown to do something
- as shown by/in something
- show someone/something to be something
- show something by something
- show something as something
- The study shows an increase in the disease among the elderly.
- The test results show that he could not have committed the murder.
- Accidents like this show what can happen when drivers are not alert.
- Smoking has been shown to increase the risk of getting lung cancer.
- As has been shown by our study, young people are less likely to vote.
- The drug has shown itself to be an effective treatment for depression.
- Members receive a detailed map showing all the major tourist attractions.
- The temperature is shown on the diagram by a red line.
- Chemical changes are shown on the chart as small circles.
- The election results were shown on television.
- The dial showed that the pressure had fallen to a dangerously low level.
2.2. Mang nghĩa"tỏ ra, tỏ rõ"
=to behave in a way that allows people to know your feelings, opinions, or personal qualities
- Try to show an interest in the customer’s needs.
- Men who find it difficult to show their emotions
- To show neither joy nor anger (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: không tỏ ra vui mà cũng không tỏ ra giận)
- The gift is intended to show our appreciation for all your hard work.
- The government has shown that it is not willing to compromise.
- They have shown what they think of our suggestion.
- Show your true colors. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Lòi mặt chuột của mày ra đi)
- To show intelligence (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: tỏ ra thông minh)
- To show the authenticity of the tale (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: tỏ rõ câu chuyện là có thật)
2.3. Mang nghĩa"cảm xúc lộ ra"
=if your feelings or thoughts show, people know what you are feeling or thinking from the way that you behave
- A deep sense of sadness showed beneath his cheerful exterior.
2.4. Mang nghĩa"cho xem, cho thấy, trưng bày"
=to let someone see something
- This is the first time the painting has been shown to the public.
- I couldn’t wait to show him the letter.
- The display is designed to show the dresses to advantage.
2.5. Mang nghĩa"dẫn đường, dắt đi"
=to lead someone somewhere, for example because they do not know where to go
2.6. Mang nghĩa"chỉ, bảo, dạy"
=to give someone instructions or an explanation/to tell someone where something is
2.7. Mang nghĩa"ló mặt, lòi ra"
=if something shows, people can see it or notice it
- They managed to fix it so that the break wouldn’t show.
- She had chosen a colour that really showed the dirt.
- They used the cheapest materials they could find, and it shows.
2.8. Mang nghĩa"lộ ra trước công chúng"
=to put something such as a work of art, an animal, or a plant in an exhibition or competition
- Her work was first shown at a gallery in Munich.
- I’ve been showing my dogs for over ten years.
2.9. Mang nghĩa"xuất hiện"
=to arrive in a place where people are expecting you
Các khóa học IELTS online 1 kèm 1 - 100% cam kết đạt target 6.0 - 7.0 - 8.0 - Đảm bảo đầu ra - Thi không đạt, học lại FREE
>> Thành tích học sinh IELTS TUTOR với hàng ngàn feedback được cập nhật hàng ngày