I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng động từ"render"
1."render" là ngoại động từ
2. Cách dùng
2.1. Mang nghĩa"làm cho, làm cho ai đó/cái gì trở thành như thế nào"
=to cause something or someone to be in a particular state
- Regulation should be shifted from the sales process to the products themselves, effectively rendering financial advisors surplus to requirements.
- It contained so many errors as to render it worthless.
- to be rendered speechless with rage (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: giận điên lên (làm cho) không nói được nữa)
- Many factories are rendered obsolete by the competitive pressures of the world market
- Billions have been spent, but not one gallon of the estimated 54m gallons of waste has been rendered harmless.
2.2. Mang nghĩa"cung cấp dịch vụ, phục vụ, phụng sự"
=to provide or give something such as help or a service to people
- They liaise between companies that want to buy insurance and the insurers that sell it, taking a commission for services rendered.
- He had a chance to render some service to his country.
- to render a service (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: giúp đỡ)
- Any assistance you can render him will be appreciated.
- The money was in fact payment by the CIA for services rendered.
2.3. Mang nghĩa"đưa ra, nêu ra, công bố"
=to officially announce a decision or judgment about something
- The Council is expected to render a decision soon.
- The Board had been slow to render its verdict.
- the writer's thought is well rendered in his works (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: tư tưởng của nhà văn biểu hiện rất rõ ràng trong những tác phẩm của ông)
- The court's duty is to hear a matter and render judgment or direction.
2.4. Mang nghĩa"dịch"
=To render something in a particular language or in a particular way means to translate it into that language or in that way.
- ...'Zensho shimasu,' which the translator rendered literally as, 'I will do my best.'.
- this sentence can't be rendered into English (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: câu này không thể dịch được sang tiếng Anh)
- All the signs and announcements were rendered in English and Spanish.
2.5. Mang nghĩa"thể hiện, diễn tả"
=to give something such as a service, a personal opinion or expression, or a performance of a song or poem, etc. to people
- The singers rendered the song with enthusiasm.
- We see that freight railroads make good profits while rendering excellent service.