I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng động từ"relax"
1."relax" vừa là nội động từ vừa là ngoại động từ
2. Cách dùng
2.1. Mang nghĩa"giải trí"
=to rest while you are doing something that you enjoy, especially after work or effort
- Just relax and enjoy the movie. I'm going to spend the weekend just relaxing.
- He was relaxing at home, watching TV.
- She finished her lunch and then relaxed in the sun.
- The boys had been relaxing on the beach at their resort.
- You need a little time to relax and unwind.
- to relax for an hour (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: giải trí trong một tiếng đồng hồ)
- When I get home from work I like to relax with the newspaper.
- Sit back and relax with a cup of tea.
2.2. Mang nghĩa"làm bớt căng thẳng, làm cho dễ chịu"
=If you relax or if something relaxes you, you feel more calm and less worried or tense.
- I ought to relax and stop worrying about it.
- For the first time since his arrival he relaxed slightly.
- to relax tension (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: làm tình hình bớt căng thẳng)
- Do something that you know relaxes you.
- I'll only relax when I know you're safe.
- I can't relax until I've spoken to her myself.
- 'You need to try and relax,' Jane said.
- Relax! Everything will be OK.
2.3. Mang nghĩa"thả lỏng, nới lỏng, buông lỏng, lơi ra"
=When a part of your body relaxes, or when you relax it, it becomes less stiff or firm/If you relax your grip or hold on something, you hold it less tightly than before.
- Massage is used to relax muscles, relieve stress and improve the circulation.
- His face relaxes into a contented smile.
- The massage relaxed my tense back muscles.
- He relaxed his grip on her arm.
- He closed his eyes and forced himself to relax his tensed body.
- The dictator refuses to relax his grip on power.
- His severe expression relaxed into a half-smile.
- He gradually relaxed his grip on the arms of the chair.
2.4. Mang nghĩa"nới lỏng luật"
=If you relax a rule or your control over something, or if it relaxes, it becomes less firm or strong/to make rules, laws, etc. less severe
- Rules governing student conduct relaxed somewhat in recent years.
- How much can the President relax his grip over the nation?
- government plans to relax the licensing laws to allow round-the-clock drinking
- The council has relaxed the ban on dogs in city parks.
- Some analysts believe that the government soon will begin relaxing economic controls.
- The government is to relax restrictions on companies and individuals holding foreign currencies.
Các khóa học IELTS online 1 kèm 1 - 100% cam kết đạt target 6.0 - 7.0 - 8.0 - Đảm bảo đầu ra - Thi không đạt, học lại FREE
>> Thành tích học sinh IELTS TUTOR với hàng ngàn feedback được cập nhật hàng ngày