I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng động từ"float"
1."float"vừa là nội động từ vừa là ngoại động từ
2. Cách dùng
2.1. Mang nghĩa"nổi, thả nổi"
=If something or someone is floating in a liquid, they are in the liquid, on or just below the surface, and are being supported by it. You can also float something on a liquid/Something that floats lies on or just below the surface of a liquid when it is put in it and does not sink.
- They noticed fifty and twenty dollar bills floating in the water.
- ...barges floating quietly by the grassy river banks.
- They'll spend some time floating boats in the creek.
- Empty things float.
- to float a raft of logs down a river (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: thả bè gỗ trôi sông)
- Their raft would not float.
- Leaves and twigs floated on the water.
- Miranda floated by on her back.
2.2. Mang nghĩa"lơ lửng"
=Something that floats in or through the air hangs in it or moves slowly and gently through it.
- The white cloud of smoke floated away.
- ..the sun's rays lighting up the dust floating in the air.
2.3. Mang nghĩa"thoáng qua, phảng phất"
=If a sound or smell floats to a place quite far away, it can be heard or smelled there.
- Sublime music floats on a scented summer breeze to the spot where you lie on the lush grass.
- The smells of delicious foods floated all around him.
2.4. Mang nghĩa"lướt qua, đi một cách nhẹ nhàng"
=If you float somewhere, you walk there very lightly and gracefully.
- Caroline floated up the aisle on her father's arm.
2.5. Mang nghĩa"bán cổ phiếu, lưu hành cổ phiếu"
=If a company director floats their company, they start to sell shares in it to the public.
- He floated his firm on the stock market.
- The advisers decided to float 60 per cent of the shares.
2.6. Mang nghĩa"truyền (tin đồn)"
2.7. Mang nghĩa"bắt đầu khởi công, khởi sự (kế hoạch, công trình...)"
=If you float a project, plan, or idea, you suggest it for others to think about.
- The French had floated the idea of placing the diplomatic work in the hands of the U.N.
2.8. Mang nghĩa"thả nổi (đồng tiền)"
=If a government floats its country's currency or allows it to float, it allows the currency's value to change freely in relation to other currencies.
- ...the decision to float their currency.
- 59 per cent of people believed the pound should be allowed to float freely.
Các khóa học IELTS online 1 kèm 1 - 100% cam kết đạt target 6.0 - 7.0 - 8.0 - Đảm bảo đầu ra - Thi không đạt, học lại FREE
>> Thành tích học sinh IELTS TUTOR với hàng ngàn feedback được cập nhật hàng ngày