I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng danh từ"state"
1."state"là danh từ đếm được
2. Cách dùng
2.1. Mang nghĩa"trạng thái; tình trạng"
=When you talk about the state of someone or something, you are referring to the condition they are in or what they are like at a particular time.
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- We’re collecting data on the state of the environment.
- The country is drifting into a state of chaos.
- The British transport system is in a bit of a sorry state.
- The curators believe the painting can be restored to its original state.
- A friend found the girl in the street in a distressed state.
- The house is in a bad state of repair (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: ngôi nhà cần được sửa sang lại)
- A confused state of mind (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: tâm trạng bối rối)
- The impact seemed to startle him into a state of panic.
- By the time he got home, he was in a terrible state.
- For the first few months after Daniel died, I was in a state of clinical depression.
- When we moved here the walls and ceiling were in an awful state.
- Look at the state of my car!
2.2. Mang nghĩa"nhà nước; quốc gia"
=You can refer to countries as states, particularly when you are discussing politics.
2.3. Mang nghĩa"chính quyền, nhà nước"
=You can refer to the government of a country as the state.
2.4. Mang nghĩa"tiểu bang"
=Some large countries such as the USA are divided into smaller areas called states.