I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng danh từ"scale"
1."scale"là danh từ đếm được
2. Cách dùng
2.1. Mang nghĩa"cái cân"
=Scales are a piece of equipment used for weighing things, for example for weighing amounts of food that you need in order to make a particular meal.
- ...a pair of kitchen scales.
- ...bathroom scales.
- I step on the scales practically every morning.
2.2. Mang nghĩa"quy mô"
=If you refer to the scale of something, you are referring to its size or extent, especially when it is very big/A pay scale or scale of fees is a list that shows how much someone should be paid, depending, for example, on their age or what work they do.
- However, he underestimates the scale of the problem.
- You may feel dwarfed by the sheer scale of the place.
- The break-down of law and order could result in killing on a massive scale.
- The British aid programme is small in scale.
- the scale to be one to five thousand (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: tỷ lệ sẽ là 1 / 5000)
- on a large scale (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: trên quy mô lớn)
- on a world scale (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: trên phạm vi toàn thế giới)
- ...those on the high end of the pay scale.
- A Registered Osteopath will be pleased to tell you his scale of fees before you decide on a consultation.
2.3. Mang nghĩa"Thang/hệ số/ tỷ lệ (bản đồ....)"
=A scale is a set of levels or numbers which are used in a particular system of measuring things or are used when comparing things.
- ...an earthquake measuring five-point-five on the Richter scale.
- The patient rates the therapies on a scale of zero to ten.
- The higher up the social scale they are, the more the men have to lose.
- The scale of a map, plan, or model is the relationship between the size of something in the map, plan, or model and its size in the real world.
- at the top of the scale (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: ở trình độ cao nhất)
- at the bottom of the scale (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: ở trình độ thấp nhất)
- The map, on a scale of 1:10,000, shows over 5,000 individual paths.