I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng danh từ"probation"
1."probation"là danh từ không đếm được
2. Cách dùng
2.1. Mang nghĩa"chế độ tù treo, chế độ án treo"
=a system by which someone who has committed a crime is not sent to prison, but has to agree not to break the law again and to let a probation officer check their behaviour for a specific period of time
- She received a fine and was placed on probation for four years.
- Harris was given 18 months’ probation.
- Sentenced to three years' probation (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: bị kết án ba năm tù treo)
- He pleaded guilty to resisting arrest and was given probation.
- The thief was put on probation for two years
2.2. Mang nghĩa"thời gian tập sự, thử việc"
=a period of time during which someone who has been given a new job is watched to see whether they can do the job well and stay in the position
- He was put on probation and disciplined for lying about his expenses.
- There's a three-month period of probation /probation period for new recruits (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: đối với những người mới tuyển mộ, cần có thời gian thử thách ba tháng)
- Employee appointment will be subject to a term of probation of 6 months.
- After a further four-month extension of her probation period, she was sacked