I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng danh từ"oblivion"
1."oblivion"là danh từ không đếm được
2. Cách dùng
2.1. Mang nghĩa"sự lãng quên"
=a situation in which someone or something has been completely forgotten
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- a Hollywood star who has gradually faded into oblivion
- His work fell into oblivion after his death. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Công trình của ông ta đã rơi vào quên lãng sau khi ông ta chết)
- He is a football star who has gradually faded into oblivion. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Anh ấy là ngôi sao bóng đá đang dần bị quên lãng)
- To become lost to obscurity; to not be known or remembered by anyone.
- The poet fell into oblivion after the war, only coming back into public awareness after an archive of his works was discovered in the basement of an abandoned warehouse in East Germany.
- He held a rather cynical view of parenthood, believing that people only had children to avoid falling into oblivion.
2.2. Mang nghĩa"bất tỉnh, cảm thấy mờ mờ ảo ảo"
=a state in which you do not notice what is happening around you, usually because you are sleeping or very drunk
- Drinking himself into oblivion won’t solve any of his problems.
- To enter into total unconsciousness. The last thing I remember was the doctor asking me to count to ten before the general anesthetic took effect and I fell into oblivion.
- He was so utterly exhausted that he fell into oblivion the moment my head hit the pillow.