I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng danh từ"margin"
1."margin"vừa là danh từ đếm được vừa không đếm được
2. Cách dùng
2.1. Mang nghĩa"mép, bờ, lề, rìa"
=the space at the left or right side of a page where words are not usually printed or written/the edge of a place or thing
- I made a couple of notes in the margin.
- The Andes run along the western margin of South America.
- She added her comments in the margin.
- Leave a margin of three centimeteres. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Hãy chừa lề ra 3 xăng-ti-mét)
- ...the low coastal plain along the western margin.
- These islands are on the margins of human habitation.
2.2. Mang nghĩa"lợi nhuận"
=A profit margin is the difference between the selling price of a product and the cost of producing and marketing it.
2.3. Mang nghĩa"khoảng cách (giữa số, tỉ lệ, phiếu bầu...), chênh..."
=A margin is the difference between two amounts, especially the difference in the number of votes or points between the winner and the loser in an election or other contest.
2.4. Mang nghĩa"khoảng thời gian, không gian có thể tự do làm gì"
=If there is a margin for something in a situation, there is some freedom to choose what to do or decide how to do it.
- The money is collected in a straightforward way with little margin for error.
- Courts and parliaments have a wide margin of discretion in enforcing convention rights.
- Out in front, Clarke had built up such a sizeable safety margin that he eased the pace and started cruising.