Bên cạnh Phân tích và sửa chi tiết đề thi IELTS SPEAKING 4/8/2020 [Audio+Transcript], IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng danh từ"injury"tiếng anh
I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng danh từ"injury"
1."injury"vừa là danh từ đếm được vừa không đếm được
2. Cách dùng
2.1. Mang nghĩa"bị thương, tổn thương cơ thể (người hoặc sinh/động vật...)"
=physical harm or damage to someone's body caused by an accident or an attack/a long period of injury
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- an eye/leg injury
- suffer/sustain an injury (=be injured)
- escape/avoid injury
- a head/back/knee injury
- injury to sb/sth
- an injury claim/case
- She has recovered from injuries sustained in the accident.
- All the passengers in the vehicle escaped injury.
- Several train passengers received/sustained serious injuries in the crash.
- Injuries to the spine are common among these workers.
- excessive dosage of this drug can result in injury to the liver (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: dùng thuốc này quá liều có thể gây tổn thương cho gan)
- a person prone to injury (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: một người dễ bị tổn thương)
- They were lucky to escape (without) injury.
- He was removed from the game with a knee injury.
- Four police officers sustained serious injuries in the explosion.
- The two other passengers escaped serious injury.
- They were lucky to escape injury.
- The plaintiff had claimed damages for injury to his health from exposure to asbestos dust.
- He suffered an injury to his back at work.
2.2. Mang nghĩa"sự làm hại cảm xúc hoặc thanh danh của ai; sự tổn hại"
=harm or damage that is done to a business or its reputation/If someone suffers injury to their feelings, they are badly upset by something. If they suffer injury to their reputation, their reputation is seriously harmed.
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- The firm filed a lawsuit against the site to prevent serious injury to its reputation.
- She was awarded £3,500 for injury to her feelings.
Các khóa học IELTS online 1 kèm 1 - 100% cam kết đạt target 6.0 - 7.0 - 8.0 - Đảm bảo đầu ra - Thi không đạt, học lại FREE
>> IELTS Intensive Writing - Sửa bài chi tiết