I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng danh từ"future"
1."future"là danh từ đếm được
2. Cách dùng
2.1. Mang nghĩa"tương lai (sự việc chưa xảy ra ở hiện tại)"
=The future is the period of time that will come after the present, or the things that will happen then/events that have not yet taken place
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- Với nghĩa này, future ở số ít
- The future (luôn có the)
- in the future
- in the near/not-too-distant/immediate future (=soon)
- what the future holds/will bring (=what will happen)
- look to the future (=plan what you will do in the future)
- The spokesman said no decision on the proposal was likely in the immediate future.
- He was making plans for the future.
- I had little time to think about what the future held for me.
- These young people are the leaders of the future.
- Check if the computer can be upgraded in the future.
- The future looks bleak. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Tương lai xem chừng rất u ám)
- I have no plans to go abroad in the near future.
- It’s important to plan for the future
- She has no idea what the future might hold for her.
- He can now look to the future with confidence again.
- The future will depend on our willingness to conserve energy now.
2.2. Mang nghĩa"tương lai của người nào đó, số phận sau này của ai/cái gì đó"
=Someone's future, or the future of something, is what will happen to them or what they will do after the present time/the opportunity for someone to develop or succeed
- His future as prime minister depends on the outcome of the elections.
- Graeme is a supremely talented cricketer with a splendid future in the game.
- ...a proposed national conference on the country's political future.
- Young people are an investment for our future.
- Jack went on holiday to think about his future.
- The people of the area face an uncertain future.
- Joe has a bright future in athletics.
- Her future is uncertain. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Tương lai của cô ấy không chắc chắn)
- You won’t have much of a future unless you start working harder.
- We need to safeguard our planet’s future.
- We see no future in continuing the negotiations.
- The future of the business is in doubt.
- Children are this country’s future.
2.3. Mang nghĩa"ai/cái gì rất có triển vọng, cơ đồ rất tốt sau này"
=If you say that someone or something has a future, you mean that they are likely to be successful or to survive.
- These abandoned children have now got a future.
- There's no future in this relationship.
2.4. Mang nghĩa"hợp đồng về hàng hoá bán giao sau (business)"
=When people trade in futures, they buy stocks and shares, commodities such as coffee or oil, or foreign currency at a price that is agreed at the time of purchase for items which are delivered some time in the future.
- This report could spur some buying in corn futures when the market opens today.
- Futures prices recovered from sharp early declines to end with moderate losses.