I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng danh từ"fraud"
1."fraud"vừa là danh từ đếm được vừa không đếm được
2. Cách dùng
2.1. Mang nghĩa"sự gian lận; sự lừa lọc; sự lừa gạt"
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- Với nghĩa này, fraud vừa là danh từ đếm được vừa không đếm được
- credit card fraud
- to face trial on fraud charges.
- serious/massive fraud
- credit card/tax fraud
- bank/accounting fraud
- engage in/commit/perpetrate fraud
- a fraud investigation/case/trial
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- to get money by fraud (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: kiếm tiền bằng cách lừa gạt)
- to be found guilty of fraud (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: bị phát hiện phạm tội lừa đảo)
- thousands of frauds are committed every year (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: hàng nghìn vụ lừa đảo xảy ra mỗi năm)
- Fraud is the crime of gaining money or financial benefits by a trick or by lying.
- He was jailed for two years for fraud and deception.
- Tax frauds are dealt with by HMRC.
- Police are investigating a complex fraud involving several bogus contractors. tax/insurance/benefit fraud
- The whole research programme was an elaborate fraud.
- He is fighting extradition to Hong Kong
- We only investigate when there are sufficient grounds for believing serious fraud has taken place.
- The US Sentencing Commission has raised penalties for corporate fraud twice.
- He was charged for federal tax fraud.
- She pleaded guilty to conspiracy and bank fraud.
- It is said that they knowingly helped corporate executives commit fraud.
2.2. Mang nghĩa"kẻ lừa gạt; kẻ gian lận"
- This jezebel is a fraud - she has no medical qualifications at all (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Mụ này là một kẻ lừa đảo - mụ chẳng có tí chuyên môn nào về y học cả)
- A fraud is something or someone that deceives people in a way that is illegal or dishonest.
- Unfortunately the portraits were frauds.
- He believes many 'psychics' are frauds who rely on perception and subtle deception.