I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng danh từ"claim"
1."claim"là danh từ đếm được
2. Cách dùng
2.1. Mang nghĩa"lời tuyên bố điều gì thường là vô căn cứ; sự khẳng định"
=A claim is something which someone says which they cannot prove and which may be false/a statement that something is true, even though you have no definite proof
- He repeated his claim that the people backed his action.
- He rejected claims that he had affairs with six women
- The victim’s claims were ignored by the police.
- You've no claim on my sympathy (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: anh không có quyền buộc tôi phải đồng tình)
- His only claim to fame is that he once shook hands with our leader (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: điều duy nhất khiến ông ta tự cho mình nổi tiếng là ông ta đã có một lần bắt tay với lãnh tụ của chúng tôi)
- claims of bullying
- I don’t believe his claim that he fought in Vietnam.
- Some of the early claims that were made were plainly false.
2.2. Mang nghĩa"tuyên bố cái gì thường là có quyền"
=a statement that you have the legal right to something
- Britain’s claim to the territories was found to be unlawful.
2.3. Mang nghĩa"sự đòi hỏi một số tiền (bảo hiểm, bồi (thường, tăng lương); số tiền muốn đòi"
=an official request for money that you believe you have a right to
- Your claim should reach us no later than 31 January.
- an insurance claim
- a claim for Social Security benefits
2.4. Mang nghĩa"Sự đòi hỏi quyền lợi, quyền yêu sách"
=A claim is a demand for something that you think you have a right to/an official request for the right to something
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- Rival claims to Macedonian territory caused conflict in the Balkans.
- an asylum claim
- to put in /make a claim for damages, a pay rise (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: đòi bồi thường thiệt hại, đòi tăng lương)
- That's a very large claim! (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: số tiền đòi hỏi nhiều quá!)
- claim for the right to stay in Britain
- a legal right to something She has no claim on her husband’s estate.
2.5. Mang nghĩa"Quyền đòi hỏi sự chú ý"
=If you have a claim on someone or their attention, you have the right to demand things from them or to demand their attention/a right to someone’s attention, love etc claim on:
- She'd no claims on him now.
- He was surrounded by people, all with claims on his attention.
- There are so many competing claims on our attention these days.
- They had helped Franco to victory, and that gave them a claim on his gratitude.