I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng "first/second/third etc place"
=first, second etc position in a race or competition
- He took second place in the long jump.
- I finished in third place.
- In the opening 250 race Robert Dunlop stayed well clear of a hectic battle for second place behind him.
- Why had they come to this country in the first place?
- I think I got into drama professionally in the first place by accident.
- There is almost a tinge of predestination in footballers' reflections on how they came to sport in the first place.
- We never enjoyed them in the first place.
- The firm which supplied the scaffold blames the boy's parents for letting him play there in the first place.
- It's even more of a comfort for baby if he doesn't get wind in the first place.
- In the second place, it involves some intention to maintain that control on the part of the possessor.