I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Từ vựng & ideas topic "habit"
1. Từ vựng & ideas topic "MORNING HABIT"
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- Crack of dawn (n) /ˈkræk əv ˈdɔn/: the early part of the morning when the sun first appears: vào đúng thời khắc mặt trời xuất hiện, bình minh, đêm chuyển sang ngày.
- Detrimental (a): có hại
- Jogging (n): đi chạy bộ
- Maybe they love jogging, but after 5 or 6 years, they try swimming and think it’s more suitable.
- Demotivated (a): nản
- Push something to the next level: Đẩy cái gì lên một mức độ mới (~develop)
- Kill two birds with one stone (Idiom): Một mũi tên trúng 2 đích
- Sleep in — /sliːp/: to sleep until later in the morning than you usually do: ngủ nướng
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: I usually sleep in on Saturdays.
- Lie in — /laɪ/: to stay in bed later than usual in the morning: ngủ nướng
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: It was a Sunday, so she could lie in till almost lunch time.
- Rise and shine! = said to tell someone to wake up and get out of bed: dậy thôi nào, ngày mới rồi…
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Wakey wakey, rise and shine!
- Morning person (n) /ˈmɔː.nɪŋ ˌpɜː.sən/: someone who feels awake and full of energy in the mornings: người dạy sớm
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: He’s not really a morning person - he doesn't even talk before about eleven o’clock!
- many habits are not for old people, so they might find other less physically demanding alternatives.
- Early bird (n) /ˈɜː.li ˌbɜːd/: a person who gets up or arrives early
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: I've always been an early bird.
- Early riser = a person who usually gets out of bed early in the morning
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: I was surprised to see him asleep at 10:00, as he's normally such an early riser.
- The early bird catches the worm = said to advise someone that they will have an advantage if they do something immediately or before anyone else does it: ai đến sớm/xuất hiện sớm sẽ có khả năng thành công hơn.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: She got the position because the early bird catches the worm.
- Morning tea (n) /ˌmɔː.nɪŋ ˈtiː/: a snack (= small amount to eat) and a drink that you have between breakfast and lunch: Bữa xế sáng
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: It was the only time in my life that an ambassador brought me early morning tea in bed.
- Kick the habit = to give up something harmful that you have done for a long time: bỏ thói quen xấu
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: She used to be a heavy smoker but she kicked the habit last year.
- As people do sth over and over again, they get bored and they find other habits that are more interesting to refresh themselves.
- Old habits die hard. = It's difficult to stop performing actions that have been established as habits or routines: thói quen xấu khó bỏ
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Even though we're all grown up, my mother still insists on cooking and doing laundry for me and all my siblings. I guess old habits die hard.
- Break a/the habit = To stop doing a routine action or activity: xoá bỏ thói quen xấu
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: I struggled to break the habit of biting my nails, but getting regular manicures helped.
- Make a habit of something = to begin to do something regularly, often without thinking about it: tạo ra thói quen mới…
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: He made a habit of ignoring me whenever his friends were around.
- Get into the habit of = begin to do it regularly or often: bắt đầu thói quen làm gì.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: They were in the habit of giving two or three dinner parties a month.
2. Từ vựng & ideas topic"TEENAGER BAD HABITS"
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- Teenagers should try many activities to find out what their true pastimes are. I think that’s how they can be more well-rounded as a person.
- Laziness: sự lười biếng.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: His failure is the fruit of laziness: Thất bại của anh ta chính là kết quả của sự lười biếng.
- First, kids are impressionable, so they tend to imitate their friends without knowing whether or not the habits are bad.
- Addiction to social networking sites : Nghiện mạng xã hội.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Addiction to social networking sites makes way for young people to heartless : Nghiện mạng xã hội khiến cho giới trẻ trở nên vô tâm hơn
- Bullying at school is one of the examples when many kids actually think ít’s cool to be bullies. I mean, negative habits are very contagious, so we as adults need to be really aware of that.
- Non-stop snacking: ăn vặt liên tục
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Non-stop snacking is a popular habit that many people throughout the world share: Ăn vặt liên tục là một thói quen mà nhiều người trên thế giới mắc phải.
- For The best way, in my opinion, is to be a model yourself. By doing so, your kids can look up to you and mirror your habits.
- Overspend: tiêu xài hoang phí
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Too many people overspend during the holidays : Có quá nhiều người tiêu xài hoang phí trong những kỳ nghỉ
- Parents should form healthy habits for their children as soon as possible. For example, in Vietnam, many moms and dads are trying to encourage their children to read early.