Bên cạnh hướng dẫn thêm cách phân tích cũng như bài sửa kĩ càng của học sinh IELTS TUTOR đã đi thi ngày 22/8 nhé, IELTS TUTOR tổng hợp Từ vựng topic"being late"/"punctuation" tiếng anh
I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Từ vựng topic"being late"tiếng anh
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- Tardiness (n) /ˈtɑː.di.nəs/: the quality of being late or slow: sự muộn
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: I know how frustrating it can be to get behind schedule because of one person's tardiness.
- Tardy (a) /ˈtɑː.di/: slow or late in happening or arriving
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Dinner was somewhat delayed on account of David's rather tardy arrival.
- Run late: to arrive and/or leave later than the time that is expected
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The buses are running late.>> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn PHÂN TÍCH ĐỀ THI 30/5/2020 IELTS WRITING TASK 2 (kèm bài sửa HS đạt 6.5)
- Unpunctual = not happening or doing something at the agreed or proper time.
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The trains into Tbilisi were notoriously unpunctual.
II. Từ vựng topic"punctuation"tiếng anh
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- on time (idiom): đúng giờ
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: There is no doubt about it! Being on time is one of the most basic manners showing that you are a man of your word and can be relied on. The habit of punctuality also expresses your respect and makes a good impression on other people.
- a man of one's word (idiom)
- Disciplined (adj):Có kỷ luật
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: The main reason is that it will leave good impression on others that you are a disciplined and professional person. It also means that you respect them and this will allow you to earn love and respect from others in return.
- Professional (adj): Chuyên nghiệp
- keep your word
- punctuality /ˌpʌnk.tʃuˈæl.ə.ti/ (noun)
- make a good impression on somebody /ɪmˈpreʃ.ən/ (verb phr.)
- drive somebody nuts /nʌt/ (idiom) : to drive someone crazy
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: I think it really depends on whether there is a good reason for it or not. For example, it drives me nuts if someone comes late just because they oversleep or forget about it. This demonstrates that he or she is stealing the precious time of other people and disrespects them. However, in some situations, if there is an objective reason like getting stuck in traffic congestion or having an ailment , I think it can totally be tolerable .
- disrespect somebody/ something /ˌdɪs.rɪˈspekt/ (verb)
- traffic congestion /kənˈdʒes.tʃən/ (noun)
- ailment /ˈeɪl.mənt/ (noun) : disease
- tolerable /ˈtɒl.ər.ə.bəl/ (adj)
In advance: Trước
- Take a flight:Đi máy bay
- Set out:Khởi hành
- Be jammed:Bị tắc đường
- Gender-based privilege (n.ph): Đặc quyền dựa trên giới tính
- Working mothers (n.ph): Những người mẹ vừa phải đi làm vừa nuôi con
- Co-worker (n): Bạn đồng nghiệp
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: There is no gender-based privilege when it comes to punctuality in Vietnam. It doesn’t matter whether you are male or female, you must take the same responsibility for being on time. For instance, working mothers often take charge of many things including preparing meals in the morning, getting children off to school but they are still required to arrive at work at the same time as their male co-workers.
- Stuck in traffic jam:Bị kẹt xe
- Straightforward:Dễ hiểu>> IELTS TUTOR có hướng dẫn kĩ PHÂN TÍCH ĐỀ THI THẬT TASK 2 (dạng advantages & disadvantages) NGÀY 04/8/2020 IELTS WRITING GENERAL MÁY TÍNH (kèm bài được sửa hs đi thi)
- Turn up:Xuất hiện
- Stroll:Đi thăm thú
- Sprawling area:Nơi lâu đời, rộng rãi
- Busking:Người biểu diễn đường phố
- Ardor:Nhiệt huyết
- Punctually: Đúng giờ
- Kick back(ph.v): Nằm dài
- Work against the clock (idi): Làm việc chạy đua với thời gian
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: I don’t think that we have to be productive all the time. Once in a while, we should spare a little time for ourselves by kicking back on the bed and doing nothing. In a modern society, we constantly have to work against the clock to meet deadlines, so it is essential to take a break and recharge our battery, which positively impacts our health and work efficiency.
- Ashamed (adj): Xấu hổ
- Punctual (adj): Đúng giờ
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: In my opinion, people should be punctual when they have to attend special occasions such as job interviews, exams, or important conferences. It would ashamed to be late on these occasions, so it is better that people should arrive on time, except for emergency cases.
- on the dot /dɒt/ (idiom) : on time
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Well, I am pretty good at being on the dot for things because I respect both my time and the time of other people. However, I can be late sometimes, but of course with a good reason for it. I mean, for example, in some unexpected circumstances like getting stuck in a traffic jam or having an ailment.
- a traffic jam /dʒæm/ (noun phr.)
Các khóa học IELTS online 1 kèm 1 - 100% cam kết đạt target 6.0 - 7.0 - 8.0 - Đảm bảo đầu ra - Thi không đạt, học lại FREE
>> IELTS Intensive Writing - Sửa bài chi tiết