Bên cạnh phân tích kĩ càng đề thi IELTS GENERAL TASK 2 ngày 4/8/2020, kèm bài sửa cho hs đi thi thật, IELTS TUTOR phân biệt kĩ càng để em không nhầm lẫn ORIGINATE, ORIGIN, ORIGINAL, ORIGINALITY & ORIGINALLY trong tiếng anh
I. ORIGINATE (verb - nội động từ): có nguồn gốc từ
- Citrus fruits originated in China and Southeast Asia.
II. ORIGIN (noun) là nguồn gốc của..
- the origin of the universe
- This dish is Greek in origin.
- ethnic origin
- She's of Irish origin.
III. ORIGINAL (ADJ) ĐỘC ĐÁO, NGUYÊN THUỶ
�Mang nghĩa ĐỘC ĐÁO (special and interesting because of not being the same as others)
- Her essay was full of original ideas.
- He's a highly original thinker.
- It's refreshing to see a film that's so original.
- Her ideas are hardly original.
- The building's use of space is highly original.
- The piece was full of highly original choreography.
- His films made an important and original contribution to French cinema.
Mang nghĩa NGUYÊN THUỶ, CÁI ĐẦU TIÊN
- His original plan was to stay for a week, but he ended up staying for a month.
- Do you still have the original version of this document?
IV. ORIGINAL (danh từ đếm được): bản nguyên thuỷ, bản gốc
- The latest version of the software is much more reliable than the original.
- If the painting were an original, it would be very valuable.
- This model is much smaller than the original.
- Each of these versions is slightly different from the original.
- Only copies survive.
- The originals were destroyed in a fire.
- The manuscript must be examined to determine whether it is an original.
- Compare your copy with the original.
V. ORIGINALITY (Danh từ đếm được): tính độc đáo
- The judges were impressed by the originality of his work.
VI. ORIGINALLY (ADV) BAN ĐẦU, GỐC LÀ Ở...
at the beginning or before any changes
- Despite the accident, she intends to complete her tour as originally planned.
- The bathroom was originally a bedroom.