Lần trước IELTS TUTOR có hướng dẫn các em về cách ghi Answer Sheet trong IELTS READING, liệu có nên ghi tắt Y/N/NG hay là không, hôm nay IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn các em sự phân biệt của Assure, Ensure và Insure, đây cũng là lỗi sai mà các bạn học sinh lớp IELTS ONLINE đảm bảo đầu ra của IELTS TUTOR thường xuyên thắc mắc
- Mang nghĩa trấn an cho ai khỏi lo lắng
- Thường + that mệnh đề
Xét ví dụ:
- The unions assured the new owners of the workers' loyalty to the company.
- [ + speech ] "Don't worry, your car will be ready tomorrow," the mechanic assured him.
- [ + (that) ] She assured him (that) the car would be ready the next day.
- The prime minister assured the electorate (that) taxes would not be increased after the election.
- You can rest assured (= feel confident) that I shall be there as promised.
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý các em Cụm thường gặp nhất trong IELTS READING / LISTENING là: rest assured (that): đừng lo về việc...
- You can rest assured that you’re going to get a good deal.
• Whoever wins the title, rest assured of one thing: The national champion would lose the next day.
• Lasorda can rest assured that his place in baseball history is secure.
• This may sound complicated, but rest assured, that it is simplicity itself.
• Please rest assured that nothing will get beyond the earliest stages of preparation without full consultation taking place. • And of course you can rest assured the product contains no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives.
• Think more positively and rest assured, the sky will be doing the same, too!
• And rest assured there will be times when there is simply no humor to be found.
• If that sounds at all complicated, rest assured you do get full instructions and diagrams.
Hoặc mang nghĩa bảo chứng
- Journalists may enter the danger zone but unfortunately we cannot assure their safety.
- A last-minute deal assured the company's future.
- A second goal moments from the end assured us of a place in the final.
- Excellent exam results meant that she was assured of a place at university.
- An anonymous donation assured the museum's long-term future.
- Để đảm bảo cho việc gì đó xảy ra
- The airline is taking steps to ensure safety on its aircraft.
- [ + (that) ] The role of the police is to ensure (that) the law is obeyed.
- [ + two objects ] Their 2–0 victory today has ensured the Italian team a place in the Cup Final
- The company's sole concern is to ensure the safety of its employees.
- Officials will ensure that the election is carried out fairly.
- We must ensure that tourism develops in harmony with the environment.
- Our head office will liaise with the suppliers to ensure delivery.
- You have a legal obligation to ensure your child receives a proper education.
Mua bảo hiểm
- The house is insured for two million dollars.
- All our household goods are insured against accidental damage.
- [ + obj + to infinitive ] I'm not insured to drive his car.
- They refused to insure us because they said we're too old.
- Many companies won't insure new or young drivers.