I. Cách dùng ADVERTISING
Mang nghĩa "hoạt động quảng cáo nói chung, nền quảng cáo, sự quảng cáo, nghề quảng cáo"
=the business of trying to persuade people to buy products or services by making advertisements / advertisements in general
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- Fiona works in advertising.
- the advertising industry
- an advertising agency
- alcohol advertising is strictly prohibited (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: quảng cáo rượu thì bị cấm nghiêm ngặt)
- a nationwide advertising campaign (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: một chiến dịch quảng cáo trên toàn quốc)
- advertising revenue (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: thu nhập (có được từ việc) quảng cáo)
- Many doctors want to see a law banning all tobacco advertising.
- As marketing manager, her job is to oversee all the company's advertising.
- The company has launched its new advertising campaign.
- We've spent a lot of money on advertising and we're beginning to see the results.
- He has a high-pressure job in advertising.
- We spend $5 million a year on advertising.
II. Cách dùng ADVERTISEMENT
Mang nghĩa "các quảng cáo như clips trên tivi, báo chí, poster và banner / tờ quảng cáo; tờ thông báo (dán trên tường...)"
=a short film on television or short article on radio that is intended to persuade people to buy something / a paid notice that tells people about a product or service
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- advertisement là danh từ đếm được
- an advertisement for sth
- place/put an advertisement somewhere
- run an advertisement
- an advertisement features/shows sth
- a television/newspaper/internet, etc. advertisement
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- a television/newspaper advertisement for a new car
- Her first modelling job was in an advertisement for baked beans.
- to put an advertisement in the local paper (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: đăng quảng cáo trên báo địa phương)
- They have started to place advertisements in popular magazines.
- Like other blogs, his sites run advertisements for debt-reduction services.
- The advertisement features a father reading a bedtime story to his young daughter.
- A full-page advertisement costs £600 in her publication.
- She scanned the job/property advertisements in the paper.
- I saw an advertisement for the job in yesterday’s paper.
- I'm afraid I'm not a very good advertisement for the diet since I've actually put on weight!
- That advertisement is demeaning to women.
- We've been deluged with replies to our advertisement.
- Responses to our advertisement have been disappointing.
- Both men and women have complained about the advertisement.
- That's a very effective advertisement - it really jumps out at you.
III. Cách dùng ads
=an advertisement on television or radio, on the internet, in a newspaper or magazine etc
- an ad = an advertisement
- mang nghĩa giống hoàn toàn với an advertisement, là danh từ đếm được
- Không nên dùng nhiều trong writing vì informal
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- the latest television lager ad
- Facebook is relaxing its ban on ads having non-medical masks
- During the time when Coronavirus pandemic was starting to make damage, we had seen that there were a lot of ads on Facebook and other social media platforms where people were trying to sell face masks and at that time, we saw that the ads were misleading to some extent.
- Try placing an ad in the local paper.
- 8 Simple Google Ads Tips That Will Make You More Money
IV. Cách dùng các từ khác liên quan đến topic "quảng cảo"
- advert British (informal) an advertisement:
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: I saw their advert in the paper.
- commercial = an advertisement on the television or radio
- billboard = a large outdoor sign used for advertising, usually placed in a busy area
- poster = a large piece of paper, usually with a picture on it, used for advertising
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Campaign posters appeared everywhere in the weeks before the election.
- flyer = a piece of paper advertising a product, service, or event, that is given to people on the street or delivered to their homes
- slogan = a short clever sentence or saying used in an advertisement for a particular product
- campaign = a planned series of posters, advertisements, and events used for advertising something
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: a big, government-sponsored campaign to promote tourism in the region
- the classified ads = small advertisements in a newspaper or magazine, often placed by private individuals rather than by companies
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Try looking in the classified ads for cheap secondhand furniture.
- the small ads (British a more informal word for ‘the classified ads’)
- the personal ads = a section in a newspaper or magazine where people advertise when they want to meet someone to have a relationship with