IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
Spare time = free time (noun): thời gian rảnh rỗi
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Well, I wish there was a park near my house so I could go for a stroll more frequently. The nearest park takes me more than 15 minutes to get there by bike. Therefore, I only spend my spare time or weekend in the park. Sometimes, my friends and I usually gather there to have a chit-chat together.
Chit-chat (noun): cuộc nói chuyện phiếm
Recharge my batteries: Nạp lại năng lượng
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Honestly speaking, I visit the park near my accommodation three times a week. There are a lot of greenery and flowers which help me to recharge my batteries. Moreover, I can do some exercise to be in the pink and keep in shape in every corner of the park.
Be in the pink (idiom): Khoẻ mạnh
Keep in shape: Giữ dáng
- constantly up to one’s ears in something ~ constantly occupied in something /ˈkɒnstəntli/ (idiom; adj): bận bịu suốt ngày
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: These days, I’m constantly up to my ears in work and study, so I don’t have the luxury of time to visit parks on a regular basis. I just visit the park near my house once in a while to immerse myself in nature. >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Giải thích idiom "be up to your ears in sth"
- have the luxury of time /ˈlʌkʃəri/ (verb phrase): có nhiều thời gian rảnh
- on a regular basis /ˈbeɪsɪs/ (prepositional phrase): thường xuyên
- once in a while /waɪl/ (idiom): thỉnh thoảng
De-stress (verb): thư giãn
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: In my opinion, public gardens play a vital role in our lives, especially in metropolises. These are perfect places for people to avoid the concrete jungle. Being near nature and fresh air can help people de-stress after strenuous working days.
Strenuous working days (nouns): những ngày làm việc vất vả
- immerse somebody in something /ɪˈmɜːs/ (verb): khiến ai đắm chìm
- spare something /speə(r)/ (verb): dành ra
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Well, despite the fact that these days, I’m constantly occupied in work and study, I make sure to spare some time in the evening every day to stroll around the park near my home.
- stroll /strəʊl/ (verb): đi dạo = Go for a stroll: đi dạo
- On weekend, Anna and Lisa went for a stroll and ate lunch in a park.
- go for a walk /wɔːk/ (verb phrase): đi dạo
- favour something /ˈfeɪvə(r)/ (verb): thuận lợi, phù hợp với
- go on a picnic /ˈpɪknɪk/ (verb phrase): đi dã ngoại
- a sense of tranquility /træŋˈkwɪləti/ (noun phrase): cảm giác yên bình
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: I would say such green space is really suitable for many outdoor activities like running, playing football or kite flying. On weekends, many families even get there to go on a picnic. This place really gives a sense of tranquility.
- outdoorsy person: người thích ở ngoài trời
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: For sure, I’m a self-described outdoorsy person so I love playing in green spaces.
- botanical gardens: vườn bách thảo
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: I’ve been going to various parks and botanical gardens that have an interesting variety of flora and fauna, which really makes me feel at peace with nature.
- flora and fauna: thảm thực vật động vật
- feel at peace: cảm thấy thư giãn, bình yên
- It is enclosed by all sorts of trees and shrubs
- In the middle of the garden, there is a wooden bridge with a stream flowing beneath it
- In autumn and winter, it has nothing but bare-branched trees
- Whenever I feel tired out from studies or life, I like to get around and be inspired by nature, which is also a good way of relaxing
- It really meets the demand of the public >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng từ "demand" tiếng anh
- lifesaver /ˈlaɪfseɪvə(r)/ (noun): cứu cánh
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: To me, the construction of the park is a lifesaver.
- deleterious /ˌdeləˈtɪəriəs/ (adj): có hại, tiêu cực
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: My current residential area used to suffer from the deleterious effects of air pollution.
- somewhat (adv): ở mức nào đó
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Since the establishment of the park, the issue has been somewhat alleviated as massive trees in the park have really helped clean the air.
- alleviate something /əˈliːvieɪt/ (verb): giảm thiểu
- couch potato /ˈkaʊtʃ pəteɪtəʊ/ (noun phrase): người lười biếng hay nằm xem TV
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Well, the park provides the city dwellers with green spaces. Many people, instead of being couch potatoes in their spare time, have taken up new activities in the park like playing sports or exercising. Their new habits have really helped enhance their well-being. >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Cách dùng "be in demand" tiếng anh
- take up something (phrasal verb): bắt đầu chơi
- well-being (noun): thể trạng (vật chất lẫn tinh thần)
- fight something (verb): chống lại
- social cohesion /ˈsəʊʃl kəʊˈhiːʒn/ (noun phrase): đoàn kết xã hội
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: I believe that this park along with any other urban parks is far more than the lungs of the city. They help to fight pollution, encourage biodiversity in the city centre and help to control temperatures and humidity. Green zones in the city are also crucial to social cohesion.
- Senior citizens
- Local residents need a place and room for sharing and interacting
- Being close to nature is really essential for me
- Blossom: hoa
- birdsong: tiếng chim hót
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: What I love most is going jogging. I mean, where better to do it than surrounded by the flowers, trees and birdsong in the park.
- Rockery: hòn non bộ
- Shrub: bụi rậm
- Swing: xích đu
- foster social relationships: nuôi dưỡng, gắn kết quan hệ xã hội
- Stream: dòng suối
Greenery: cây cối, lá cây
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: On Jenny’6th birthday, she wants to decorate her room with flowers and greenery.
Concrete jungle: Thành phố với những toà nhà bê tông cao tầng
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: People who live in concrete jungles usually spend their holidays in rural areas and relax
- Activities in the park
- Flying a kite
- Playing hide-and-seek
- Dog walking = Walk my dog: dắt chó đi dạo
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Some days, I just want to walk my dog and enjoy the moment in the park.
- Taking a nap
- I get used to a sedentary lifestyle. Specifically,
- Sitting in front of a computer all day long
- Living indoors all day long >> IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn Phân biệt "ESPECIALLY" & "SPECIALLY" tiếng anh
- Being stuck in an office or a classroom all the time
- Seldom interacting with peers
- To improve the situation, I need (to)
- Fresh air
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: If you are stressed, you should sleep early and wake up early and take a nice walk in the fresh air.
- Be close to nature
- An opportunity to appreciate the beauty surrounding me
- Escape from daily life routines / city crowds
- Fresh air
- Accordingly, I’d better
- Get/walk around
- Stretch out (duỗi thẳng người)
- Go for a walk
- Interact with friends
- Get some exercise
- Then, I may (get)
- Inner peace
- Keep fit and be in good shape
- Be inspired and in a good mood
- Be revitalised
- Sharing moments with loved ones