1. Paraphrase từ HELP trong IELTS
2. Ideas topic HELP
- Social issues
- Both parents and teachers share the responsibility to ensure that the children learn to help others.
- There have been helpful people in every era and they use the means they can to help others in need.
- People who are empathetic, sensitive, and compassionate are more willing to help others.
We should try to help as many people as possible.
It is true that we cannot help everyone, but in my opinion national boundaries should not stop us from helping those who are in need.
Governments and individuals in richer countries can save lives simply by paying for vaccines that already exist.
A small donation to an international charity might have a much greater impact than helping in our local area.
We have an obligation to help those who live beyond our national borders. In some countries the problems that people face are much more serious than those in our own communities, and it is often even easier to help.
It is important to help our neighbors and fellow citizens. In most communities there are people who are impoverished or disadvantaged in some way
3. Từ vựng topic HELP
- kind-hearted (adj) tốt bụng
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: I’d like to think of myself as a kind-hearted person so I’ve always tried to help my friends and my family whenever I get the chance. The most recent time I gave someone a hand was actually a couple of weeks ago when I helped my friend prepare for his English exam.
- give someone a hand (v) giúp đỡ ai
- go way back (idiom) biết nhau từ lâu lắm rồi
- got on like a house on fire (idiom) hợp cạ lắm luôn
- return the favor (idiom) trả ơn
- strong suit (n) thế mạnh sở trường
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: My friend and I go way back. In fact, we got on like a house on fire when we first met and he has helped me a zillion times. So at the time, I didn’t mind returning the favor when he asked for my help. Now you gotta know that English has never been his strong suit since he goofed off at school and cut class way too often.
- goof off (idiom) chểnh mảng, làm lãng phí thời gian
- cut class (idiom) cúp học
- nothing short of (idiom) rất, thật sự, không khác gì
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: When his English exam was approaching, he started to feel anxious and turned to me for help. Needless to say, I was no less frantic than him ‘cause I didn’t know where to start. I mean, he seriously lacked the vocabulary and his grammar was nothing short of disastrous. He couldn’t produce a long enough sentence without making mistakes. So what I did was to calmly walk him through all the basic grammar points and bone up on the most needed vocabulary. On top of that, we practised speaking entirely in English before the exam.
- frantic (adj) hoảng loạn, nháo nhào
- anxious (adj) lo lắng
- walk someone through smt (idiom) dẫn dắt, dạy cho ai biết cái gì
- bone up on (idiom) học gấp, nhồi nhét cái gì đó
- water off a duck’s back (idiom) nước chảy đầu vịt
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Thank God he wasn’t as helpless as I thought he was, I mean, pretty much what our teacher taught him was like water off a duck’s back. But when he told me the result he’d got, I was astonished because it was much higher than we expected. It’s still imprinted in my mind his big smile at the time, you know, he was suffused with happiness. As for me, not only was I super elated but also relieved ‘cause I could finally get rid of him, at least for a while.
- astonished (adj) sửng sốt, ngạc nhiên
- suffuse (v) ngập tràn
- there are problems in our own society: có những vấn đề trong xã hội chúng ta
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Some people believe that we should not help people in other countries as long as there are problems in our own society. I disagree with this view because I believe that we should try to help as many people as possible.
- help as many people as possible: giúp càng nhiều người càng tốt
- people who are impoverished or disadvantaged in some way: những người nghèo khổ hoặc chịu thiệt thòi
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: On the one hand, I accept that it is important to help our neighbors and fellow citizens. In most communities there are people who are impoverished or disadvantaged in some way. It is possible to find homeless people, for example, in even the wealthiest of cities, and for those who are concerned about this problem, there are usually opportunities to volunteer time or give money to support these people. In the UK, people can help in a variety of ways, from donating clothing to serving free food in a soup kitchen. As the problems are on our doorstep, and there are obvious ways to help, I can understand why some people feel that we should prioritise local charity.
- for those who are concerned about this problem: dành cho những người quan tâm về vấn đề này
- volunteer time: dành thời gian làm việc tình nguyện
- from donating clothing to serving free food in a soup kitchen: từ quyên góp quần áo đến phục vụ các bữa ăn miễn phí
- the problems are on our doorstep: những vấn đề hàng ngày của chúng ta
- In some countries the problems that people face are much more serious than those in our own communities, and it is often even easier to help: Ở một số quốc có những vấn đề mà người dân bản địa phải đối mặt nghiêm trọng hơn so với người dân của chúng ta, và nó thường là dễ dàng hơn để giúp đỡ họ
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: At the same time, I believe that we have an obligation to help those who live beyond our national borders. In some countries the problems that people face are much more serious than those in our own communities, and it is often even easier to help. For example, when children are dying from curable diseases in African countries, governments and individuals in richer countries can save lives simply by paying for vaccines that already exist. A small donation to an international charity might have a much greater impact than helping in our local area.
- children are dying from curable diseases in African countries: nhiều trẻ em đang chết dần vì những căn bệnh có thể chữa được tại các quốc gia châu Phi
- save lives simply by paying for vaccines that already exist: cứu sống các em bằng cách trả tiền cho các loại vaccine cần thiết
- national boundaries should not stop us from helping those who are in need: biên giới quốc gia không thể ngăn chúng ta giúp đỡ những người đang có nhu cầu cần được giúp đỡ
- IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: it is true that we cannot help everyone, but in my opinion national boundaries should not stop us from helping those who are in need.
- elated (adj) vui sướng
- to take a variety of forms: có nhiều hình thức
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: In my mind, the help a person can do takes a variety of forms, like giving advice to others, easing someone’s financial burden or helping neighbour water the plants. Such actions are simple yet they can prove extremely helpful to the needy person.
- financial burden (n) gánh nặng tài chính
- the needy person: người đang cần được giúp
- to differ from: khác với
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: From my point of view, there are a number of things that help on the Internet that differ from those in reality. For example, the advice you receive online can be given from strangers so it’s less reliable than from a friend or a family member, who tend to better understand your situation or what you’ve been through.
- realiable (adj) đáng tin cậy
- inculcate: làm cho ghi nhớ, khắc sâu
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: Without a doubt, schools play an important role in inculcating teamwork in a student’s repertoire. Schools provide a wonderful platform for students to be trained to cooperate. In this academic environment, students are forced to interact with dozens of other peers on a daily basis and such a process can greatly facilitate the development of teamwork skills. More importantly, since teachers could closely monitor the whole process of students cooperating with each other, practical and timely feedback could be given to maximize students’ outcomes. It’s my conviction that there are no other places that could do this better than schools do.
- on a daily basis: hằng ngày
- to facilitate: làm cho việc gì/quá trình gì trở nên dễ dàng, dễ thành công hơn
- dissimilarity: sự khác biệt
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ: In my opinion, at its core, there are no differences between support from a friend and that from a close family member. You know friends and family are the most sacred individuals to our life, they understand us the most and are willing to help us unconditionally so we can lead a fulfilling life. However, if I have to pinpoint any dissimilarities, I would say friends often give advice on school stuff or relationships as it would be easier to get things off your chest with someone of roughly the same age and having the same mindset. In contrast, we often heed advice from parents when it comes to grand issues like which university to enrol in or which career to embark on.
- to get things of someone’s chest: trút bầu tâm sự
- grand issue (n) những chuyện lớn, đại sự
- to embark on: bắt đầu tam gia, dấn thân làm gì đó