1. attach great values / important to sth: cho cái gì là quan trọng
I don't attach any importance/significance to these rumours.
She attaches great value to being financially independent.
2. symbolize sth: là biểu tượng
The lighting of the Olympic torch symbolizes peace and friendship among the nations of the world.
3. consider / regard sth as sth
Mark was considered as an excellent leader
4. the symbol / sign of
5. when it comes to..., people usually think of / speak of ....: khi nhắc đến thì người ta nghĩ đến ngay...
Ví dụ: When it comes to Da Nang, people usually think of the city with many fabulous bridges
6. Speaking of...., the first thing comes to my mind is that
Ví dụ: Speaking of Nha Trang, the first thing comes to my mind is the tranquil scenery of the coastline
7. I have a strong sentiment / attachment for / towards
- Well, when it comes to selecting a favourite colour to paint my bedroom, I will choose sky blue simply because I have a trong sentiment for oceans, and sky blues always reminds me of that sensation
- Well, speaking of my favourite type of film, i will say I am quite into hero films simply because I have a strong attachment towards heroes. You see, everyone wants to have superpower and be able to help others
8. I am partial towards...
I'm not partial to fish.
9. I am in the mood for: có hứng
10. sth reminds me of
Your hair and eyes remind me of your mother.