Bên cạnh Cách dùng từ spare tiếng anh, IELTS TUTOR cũng cung cấp thêm PHÂN TÍCH ĐỀ THI 30/5/2020 IELTS WRITING TASK 2 (kèm bài sửa HS đạt 6.5)
I. Dùng"spare"như verb
1."spare"là ngoại động từ
2. Cách dùng
2.1. Mang nghĩa"không cần đến, có thừa"
=if you can spare something, you can give or lend it to someone because you don’t need it/If you have something such as time, money, or space to spare, you have some extra time, money, or space that you have not used or that you do not need.
- Can you spare a couple of pounds?
- We can’t spare the staff for training sessions.
- to spare expenses (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: tiết kiệm việc chi tiêu)
- to spare no efforts (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: không tiếc công sức)
- You got here with ninety seconds to spare.
- It's not as if he has money to spare.
- The car suddenly darted ahead, squeezing past him with only inches to spare.
- Miranda has drive and energy to spare and has now taken on an even bigger challenge.
2.2. Mang nghĩa"có thời gian rãnh"
=if you can spare time, you have it available/If you spare time or another resource for a particular purpose, you make it available for that purpose.
- Can you spare a couple of hours on Tuesday?
- We arrived at the airport with just 20 minutes to spare.
- It’s kind of you to spare me a moment.
- She said that she could only spare 35 minutes for our meeting.
- He's a very busy man, and it's good of him to spare the time to visit.
- He suggested that his country could not spare the troops for such an operation
2.3. Mang nghĩa"miễn cái gì cho ai"
=to prevent someone from experiencing an unpleasant, painful, or embarrassing situation or feeling/If you spare someone an unpleasant experience, you prevent them from suffering it.
- Thank God she had been spared the ordeal of surgery.
- At least spare him the humiliation of having to ask for money.
- We have lost everything, but thank God, our lives have been spared.
- Not a man was spared.
- The area was largely spared from the famine
- I could have spared the explanation (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: đáng lẽ tôi đã có thể miễn việc giải thích)
- spare me these jeremiads (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: xin miễn cho tôi những lời than van đó)
- I wanted to spare Frances the embarrassment of discussing this subject.
- Prisoners are spared the indignity of wearing uniforms.
- Spare me the gory details.
- She's just trying to spare Shawna's feelings.
- The policy has not spared the farming community from severe financial pressure
2.4. Mang nghĩa"tha thứ, không giết/hại ai"
=If a person or a place is spared, they are not harmed, even though other people or places have been/to not harm, damage, or kill someone or something
- Luckily the floods spared this historic church.
- Civilians were not spared in the attack.
- The commander was so impressed by their bravery that he spared their lives.
II. Dùng"spare"như noun
1. "spare"dùng như danh từ đếm được
2. Cách dùng
Mang nghĩa"đồ dự phòng; phụ tùng thay thế (cho máy móc..; nhất là bánh xe dự trữ cho xe hơi)"
=something that you have in addition to other similar things and can use if you need another one
III. Dùng"spare"như adj
1. Mang nghĩa"thừa, dư; để dành; dự phòng (cho lúc khẩn cấp)
=a spare object is one that you keep in addition to other similar objects so that it is available if you need it/available to be shared, or given to someone, because it is additional to what you need for yourself
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- Bring a towel and some spare clothes.
- the spare bedroom
- spare room (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: buồn ngủ dành riêng cho khách)
- They don't have a lot of spare cash (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: spare cash tiền để dành)
- The spare bedroom is on the second floor.
- There was hardly a spare inch of space to be found.
2. Mang nghĩa"có sẵn"
=available/You use spare to describe something that is the same as things that you are already using, but that you do not need yet and are keeping ready in case another one is needed.
- Every spare patch of land has been converted into a vegetable garden.
- The hospital has no spare operating capacity.
- If possible keep a spare pair of glasses accessible in case your main pair is broken or lost.
- Don't forget to take a few spare batteries.
- He could have taken a spare key.
- The wagons carried spare ammunition
3. Mang nghĩa"gầy gò"
- She was about thirty-seven, tall, and spare.
- man of spare frame (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: người gầy gò)
- She was thin and spare, with a sharply intelligent face
4. Mang nghĩa"thanh đạm, sơ sài, ít về số lượng, không chi tiết thừa"
=plain and simple without any unnecessary detail or decoration/Something such as a room that is spare is very plain with no unnecessary features.
- a spare writing style
- on a spare diet theo (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: một chế độ ăn uống thanh đạm)
- a spare meal (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: bữa ăn sơ sài)
- Inside, the two small rooms were spare and neat, stripped bare of ornaments.
Các khóa học IELTS online 1 kèm 1 - 100% cam kết đạt target 6.0 - 7.0 - 8.0 - Đảm bảo đầu ra - Thi không đạt, học lại FREE
>> IELTS Intensive Writing - Sửa bài chi tiết