Bên cạnh gửi thêm phân tích đề thi thật task 1 viết thư của IELTS GENERAL được sửa rất kĩ bởi giáo viên cho bạn học sinh đã đi thi ngày đó và đạt 6.0 nhé, IELTS TUTOR hướng dẫn cách dùng từ SENSE trong tiếng anh khi bạn học sinh lớp IELTS ONLINE của IELTS TUTOR thắc mắc về cách dùng SENSE OF ....
I. Dùng"sense"như động từ
Mang nghĩa"thấy, cảm thấy, có cảm giác, cảm thấy như là"
=to know about something through a natural ability or feeling, without being told/If you sense something, you become aware of it or you realize it, although it is not very obvious.
- Cats seem to instinctively sense his fear.
- I think she must have sensed there was something wrong.
- I guess he sensed that I was a little nervous.
- She probably sensed that I wasn't telling her the whole story.
- He looks about him, sensing danger.
- Prost had sensed what might happen
II. Dùng"sense"như danh từ
1. "sense"vừa là danh từ đếm được, vừa không đếm được
2. Cách dùng
2.1. Mang nghĩa"cảm nhận, cảm thấy"
=a strong feeling or belief about someone or something
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- Với nghĩa này, sense là danh từ đếm được số ít
- sense of
- a sense of optimism/confidence/well-being
- a sense of foreboding/unease/panic
- a sense of identity/belonging/community
- Khi đi với những chữ chỉ cảm xúc thì nó nghĩa là “cảm xúc / cảm giác / tinh thần”,
- ví dụ sense of pride = cảm xúc tự hào
- Winning an award would give me a great sense of achievement.
- They say they are dealing with the problem, but there seems to be no sense of urgency.
- A little bit of praise and appreciation can give people a real sense of well-being.
- Beth read Jake’s letter with a mounting sense of panic.
- It’s a small village with a strong sense of local identity.
With her excellent sense of smell, she could tell if you were a smoker from the other side of the room.
- My cold is so bad I've lost my sense of smell/taste (= I can't smell/taste anything).
2.2. Mang nghĩa"giác quan"
=one of the natural abilities that most people have to see, hear, smell, taste, and feel things, known as the five senses
- Dogs have a sense of smell that is five times more sensitive than that of humans.
2.3. Mang nghĩa"khả năng"
=a natural ability or quality that some people have
IELTS TUTOR lưu ý:
- Với nghĩa này, sense là danh từ số ít
- sense of humour (=the ability to laugh at things or say funny things)
- sense of direction (=an ability to know where you are going, even when you are in a place that you do not know)
- business sense
- Khi đi với những chữ chỉ khả năng thì nó có nghĩa là “khả năng cảm nhận”,
- ví dụ sense of humor = khả năng hài hước
- You need a good sense of balance to skate well.
- She’s got a great sense of humour.
- I’m sure he’ll be able to find the house – he has a pretty good sense of direction.
- Our father was a good designer, but he had no business sense.
2.4. Mang nghĩa"sự khôn ngoan; sự thông minh"
=the ability to behave in an intelligent way and make good decisions
2.5. Mang nghĩa"hợp lí, có lợi ích gì"
=a good reason, or a useful purpose
- There’s no sense in going ahead until the costs have been agreed.
2.6. Mang nghĩa"nói có lí, ứng xử có lí"
=a reasonable way of talking and behaving
- What’s it going to take to bring him to his senses?
- Portman urged the government to come to its senses and stop nuclear testing.
2.7. Mang nghĩa"ý nghĩa"
=a separate meaning of a word or phrase
- The word ‘bank’ has a number of senses.
- We are talking about vocational training in the broadest sense.
2.8. Mang nghĩa"nói cách khác, theo một nghĩa nào đó"
=a way of thinking about or understanding something, although there may be other ways
- My family’s from this area, so in a sense it’s like coming home.
- In one sense, Robertson is a typical politician.
- In one sense, he is a typical politician. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Nói một cách khác, ông ta là một chính khách tiêu biểu)