I. Dùng "overtime" như adv
Mang nghĩa "ngoài giờ"
=after the usual time needed or expected in a job / beyond the regular or stipulated time
- Utility crews are working overtime to restore service which was knocked out by ice storms.
II. Dùng "overtime" như noun
1. "overtime" là danh từ không đếm được
2. Cách dùng
Mang nghĩa "giờ / tiền làm thêm"
=extra hours that someone works at their job / the money that someone is paid for the extra hours that they work
- overtime work/pay/rates
- I’ve been working a lot of overtime lately.
- Does she get overtime? (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Có phải cô ấy làm thêm giờ không?)
- They're doing/working overtime to get the job done on time.
- He would work overtime, without pay, to finish a job.
- Union leaders had urged miners to vote in favour of an overtime ban.
- Everyone is on overtime (= being paid extra for working after the usual time) this weekend.