I. Dùng"newborn"như adj
1. Mang nghĩa"(thuộc) trẻ sơ sinh"
=A newborn baby or animal is one that has just been born.
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- This equipment has saved the lives of a number of new born children. .
- ..new born lambs.
- The newborn baby was snatched from a hospital ward. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Đứa bé sơ sinh bị bắt cóc từ một bệnh viện)
- Holding a newborn baby can be a daunting task. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Giữ một đứa trẻ mới sinh là một nhiệm vụ khó khăn)
- The newborn are babies or animals who are newborn.
- Mild jaundice in the newborn is common and often clears without treatment.
2. Mang nghĩa"non trẻ, mới hình thành"
=Writers sometimes use newborn to describe things that have just come into existence.
- The soft wind breathed their names to the newborn grass.
- Microbiology was a newborn science.
II. Dùng"newborn"như noun
=A newborn is a baby that has just been born.