I. "into"là giới từ
II. Cách dùng từ"into"
1. Mang nghĩa"đặt cái gì vào cái gì"
=If you put one thing into another, you put the first thing inside the second.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and put them into a dish.
- Until the 1980s almost all olives were packed into jars by hand.
2. Mang nghĩa"vào, vào trong"
=If you go into a place or vehicle, you move from being outside it to being inside it/If one thing goes into another, the first thing moves from the outside to the inside of the second thing, by breaking or damaging the surface of it
- I have no idea how he got into Iraq.
- She got up and went into an inner office.
- He got into bed and started to read.
- to throw waste paper into the dustbin (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: vứt giấy vụn vào thùng rác)
- Flavell had accidentally discharged a pistol, firing it into the ceiling.
- The rider came off and the handlebar went into his neck.
- Poisonous smoke had got into the water supply.
- The money went into a common fund.
3. Mang nghĩa"đụng trúng, tông vào"
=If you are walking or driving a vehicle and you bump into something or crash into something, you hit it accidentally.
- A train plowed into the barrier at the end of the platform.
- Joanna heard him bump into the table and curse again
4. Mang nghĩa"mặc áo quần vào"
=When you get into a piece of clothing, you put it on.
- She could change into a different outfit in two minutes.
- He put on his underwear and got into his suit.
5. Mang nghĩa"lâm vào hoàn cảnh khó khăn nào"
=If someone or something gets into a particular state, they start being in that state.
- He had too much time on his hands and that caused him to get into trouble.
- I slid into a depression.
- ...the group's plunge into financial crisis earlier in the year.
6. Mang nghĩa"thuyết phục"
=If you talk someone into doing something, you persuade them to do it.
- Gerome tried to talk her into taking an apartment in Paris.
7. Mang nghĩa"biến (ai/cái gì) thành hình thù khác"
=If something changes into something else, it then has a new form, shape, or nature.
- ...his attempt to turn a nasty episode into a joke.
- ...learning what she needs to know to grow into a competent adult.
- ...Irish fairy tales that had been translated into English.
8. Mang nghĩa"cắt ra nhiều mảnh"
=If something is cut or split into a number of pieces or sections, it is divided so that it becomes several smaller pieces or sections.
- Sixteen teams are taking part, divided into four groups.
- Roll out the pastry and cut into narrow strips.
- to collect broken bricks into heaps (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: nhặt gạch vụn để thành đống)
- to divide a class into groups (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: chia một lớp thành nhiều nhóm)
- Now if a great lake like Victoria were to dry up partially, it would be split into a number of separate, smaller lakes.
9. Mang nghĩa"thâm nhập vào, bắt đầu làm công việc gì, gia nhập vào ngành nào"
=If you move or go into a particular career or business, you start working in it.
- In the early 1990s, it was easy to get into the rental business.
- He closed down the business and went into politics.
10. Mang nghĩa"kéo dài vào khoảng thời gian nào"
=If something continues into a period of time, it continues until after that period of time has begun.
- He had three children, and lived on into his sixties.
- The Open Golf Championship will be getting into its second day in a few hours.
11. Mang nghĩa"rất thích cái gì đó"
=If you are very interested in something and like it very much, you can say that you are into it.
- I'm into electronics myself.
12. Mang nghĩa"điều tra"
=An investigation into a subject or event is concerned with that subject or event.
- The concert will raise funds for research into lung cancer.
- We are beginning to have some insight into drug therapy.