I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng danh từ"heat"
1."heat"vừa là danh từ đếm được vừa không đếm được
2. Cách dùng
2.1. Mang nghĩa"sức nóng, nhiệt, hơi nóng, sự nóng"
=the quality of being hot, or the degree to which something is hot/relating to heat
- These paints can withstand heat up to 200 degrees.
- The firefighters were driven back by the intense heat and smoke.
- He could feel the heat of the sun on his back.
- heat of evaporation (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: nhiệt bay hơi)
- heat of fusion (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: nhiệt nóng chảy)
- insulation to prevent heat loss
- the heat haze shimmering over the sands
2.2. Mang nghĩa"trời nóng, sự nóng bức, sự nóng nực"
=very hot weather
- They were unable to work in the blistering heat.
- The local people get out of the city to escape the summer heat.
- Only tourists were wandering about in the heat of the day.
2.3. Mang nghĩa"sự đốt, sự nung"
=the amount of heat produced by an oven or a heating system/the energy that is produced when the temperature of something changes
- �Bring the mixture to the boil; then reduce the heat.
- I turned the heat down a little.
- Take the pan off the heat.
- These chemical processes generate a lot of heat.
- The cottage had no heat or water.
2.4. Mang nghĩa"sự nồng nhiệt, sự hăng hái"
=pressure and criticism intended to force someone to do what you want
2.5. Mang nghĩa"cuộc đấu, cuộc đua"
=a game or race at the start of a competition.
- The winners of the heats then compete against each other at the next stage
- the second heat of the 800 metres
2.6. Mang nghĩa"sự nóng nảy, sự giận dữ, sự chỉ trích"
=strong and angry feelings
- He felt the heat of my glare.
- Professional counselling is one way of taking the heat out of getting a divorce.