I. Dùng "buckle" như noun
Mang nghĩa "cái khoá cài (thắt lưng...)"
=a piece of metal at one end of a belt or strap, used to fasten the two ends together
II. Dùng "buckle" như verb
1. Mang nghĩa "cài khoá, thắt"
=to fasten or be fastened with a buckle
2. Mang nghĩa "oằn, làm oằn, làm lún"
=to bend something or become bent, often as a result of force, heat, or weakness
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- The intense heat from the fire had caused the factory roof to buckle.
- Both wheels on the bicycle had been badly buckled.
- I felt faint and my knees began to buckle.