I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng
1. Mang nghĩa "bất tỉnh, ngất đi, xỉu"
=Someone who is unconscious is in a state similar to sleep, usually as the result of a serious injury or a lack of oxygen.
- By the time ambulancemen arrived he was unconscious.
- She was unconscious but still breathing when the ambulance arrived.
- She became unconscious. (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: Cô ấy đã bị ngất đi)
- He was attacked by two men and knocked unconscious.
2. Mang nghĩa "không biết, vô tri, không nhận biết được"
=If you are unconscious of something, you are unaware of it / an unconscious feeling or thought is one that you do not realize that you have
IELTS TUTOR xét ví dụ:
- He himself seemed totally unconscious of his failure.
- an unconscious fear of change (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: không có ý thức về sự thay đổi)
- the child’s unconscious desire to learn
- Mr Battersby was apparently quite unconscious of their presence.
3. Mang nghĩa "hình thành thói quen mà mình không hay biết"
=If feelings or attitudes are unconscious, you are not aware that you have them, but they show in the way that you behave / used about things you do without realizing you are doing them or without intending to do them
- Unconscious envy manifests itself very often as this kind of arrogance.
- 'You're well out of it,' Christopher said with unconscious brutality.
- She has the unconscious habit of biting her fingernails.
- an unconscious slight (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: một sự coi thường vô tình)
- unconscious humour, resentment (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: sự hài hước, sự oán giận vô ý thức)
- an unconscious gesture of self-protection
- She may be trying unconsciously to draw attention to herself.