I. Kiến thức liên quan
II. Cách dùng tính từ"separate"tiếng anh
1. Mang nghĩa"tồn tại riêng rẽ; riêng biệt"
=not together, or not joined to something else/If one thing is separate from another, there is a barrier, space, or division between them, so that they are clearly two things.
- My brother and I always had separate rooms.
- My parents have separate bank accounts.
- They’re not divorced but they lead completely separate lives (=do not do things together).
- Clients’ funds should be kept separate from the firm’s own money.
- Each villa has a separate sitting-room.
- the children sleep in separate beds (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: bọn trẻ ngủ trong từng giừơng riêng (bọn trẻ không ngủ chung giừơng với nhau, vì em nào (cũng) có giừơng riêng))
- They are now making plans to form their own separate party.
- Business bank accounts were kept separate from personal ones.
2. Mang nghĩa"Không liên quan tới nhau"
=different, or new/not related (If you refer to separate things, you mean several different things, rather than just one thing)
- Each apartment has its own separate entrance.
- Answer each question on a separate sheet of paper.
- Police have killed seven guerrillas in three separate incidents this week.
- That’s an entirely separate matter.
- Use separate chopping boards for raw meats, cooked meats, vegetables and salads.
- Men and women have separate exercise rooms.
- The two questions are essentially separate (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: về căn bản, hai vấn đề đó không dính với nhau)
- It happened on three separate occasions (IELTS TUTOR giải thích: chuyện đó xảy ra ở ba trường hợp khác nhau)
- The authorities say six civilians have been killed in two separate attacks.